Network wiring using coax cables

IgorM

I'm planning to have only one ISP connection on my building and share it between the 6 apartments. This means needing to run Ethernet cables to all of them, creating some complications. My question: Is it possible to use the coax cables already present in order to simplify the job?

Yes... theoretically. There are devices for it. But a quick Google suggest it would be expensive (£/$100/50 a connection).

It should not take too much time or cost to do cat5/similar cable.

6 hours ago, IgorM said:

I'm planning to have only one ISP connection on my building and share it between the 6 apartments. This means needing to run Ethernet cables to all of them, creating some complications. My question: Is it possible to use the coax cables already present in order to simplify the job?

Moca adapters are expensive. They max out at 400- 800 Mbps depending on what adapters you get. But yeah it can be done. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 4/22/2018 at 1:26 AM, IgorM said:

No experience with the adapters but here is what your looking for