MMOs recommendations?

Inception9269

Pretty straight forward question I guess.

Kind of interested in checking out MMOs, but have very little knowledge on them, so not sure what all ones out there are worth a damn. Preferably something I can play free for at least long enough to decide if it's worth spending cash on.

Also no WoW. I tried it a short while back in 2008 and it wasn't my cup of tea. I downloaded it sometime last year and tried it again out of curiosity, and still just no WoW.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

FFXIV is nice. I played it for some time. I am more the WOW kinda guy. 

But FFXIV is it worth to check it out. 

1 minute ago, Saluix said:

FFXIV is nice. I played it for some time. I am more the WOW kinda guy. 

But FFXIV is it worth to check it out. 

Can I actually play it for free or do I have to pay?

I am not sure but i think u can play it for free for around 2 weeks or so. 

I got lost in Guild Wars 2 six weeks ago, I'm loving it. It has paid expansions, but the core game is free. They're having their possibly first ever double XP weekend right now, so now is a great time to give it a try.

Just now, tatte said:

I got lost in Guild Wars 2 six weeks ago, I'm loving it. It has paid expansions, but the core game is free. They're having their possibly first ever double XP weekend right now, so now is a great time to give it a try.

Someone recommended that to me a little while ago. Might look into it

- Guild Wars 2 (Base game is free)

- Black Desert Online (One time payment)

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

4 hours ago, Inception9269 said:

FFXIV is free trial (unlimited time) up to I think character level 35. This is sufficient to get to know the game world and mechanics, it will be mostly story based with some instanced dungeons, but you could also do pvp (level is normalised so level/gear doesn't matter), crafting, gathering. If you decide to continue beyond the trial level cap it is a monthly subscription.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Alienware AW3225QF (32" 240 Hz OLED)
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, iiyama ProLite XU2793QSU-B6 (27" 1440p 100 Hz)
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

10 hours ago, tatte said:

5 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

- Guild Wars 2 (Base game is free)

- Black Desert Online (One time payment)

Started playing some of guild wars 2 last night, doesn't seem too bad I guess.

Eve online

Tera

17 hours ago, Inception9269 said:

Kind of interested in checking out MMOs, but have very little knowledge on them, so not sure what all ones out there are worth a damn. Preferably something I can play free for at least long enough to decide if it's worth spending cash on.

Also no WoW. I tried it a short while back in 2008 and it wasn't my cup of tea. I downloaded it sometime last year and tried it again out of curiosity, and still just no WoW.

Eve online is an excellent MMO for people who dont like MMOs. it feels more like a space simulation with a ton of players more than anything. I was very hesitant in trying eve online because it looks intimidating and alot of people say it is. i dont find it intimidating though and ive been playing for a few months now.

19 hours ago, Inception9269 said:

There are a couple.

The Problem with most of those is that they tend to be rather Pay to win or just bad. Or the usual Grinding shit...

What you could try is Star was the Old Republic.

Though that seems to be a dying game.

But it was fun when I played it.

18 hours ago, Inception9269 said:

You have to pay for it.

You can play it for free up until Level 20.

But the Community isn't that great.

Its hard to find a Group to do stuff.

And because the Game Works, its rather competitive...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

11 hours ago, Inception9269 said:

Started playing some of guild wars 2 last night, doesn't seem too bad I guess.

IMO the early game is pretty boring but the dynamic events makes it more interesting to me. Questing in GW2 doesn't really feel as grindy as other games, it still quite grindy though but that just the nature of MMOs.

I hope you pick class that suit your play style, warrior class is boring as hell for me. I can't gather enough interest to lvl it up until it get more fun to play.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

On 4/20/2018 at 10:42 PM, Inception9269 said:

I play FFXIV and enjoy that a lot worth the monthly sub easily.  Just try the free trial out, as @porina said you can play for an unlimited amount of time though they won't allow you to go beyond lvl 35 (so you could get every class to 35 before paying a dime, you can play ever class on a single character) and there are some other restrictions mainly to prevent gold sellers and what not from using free trial accounts.  Once you register the full version of the game though the free trial is canceled and you can only play with a subscription.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

23 hours ago, PurplDrank said:

Eve online is an excellent MMO for people who dont like MMOs. it feels more like a space simulation with a ton of players more than anything. I was very hesitant in trying eve online because it looks intimidating and alot of people say it is. i dont find it intimidating though and ive been playing for a few months now.

Might be cool, if it's free to play or at least offers enough free content to decide if it's worth paying for I might look into it.

22 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

There are a couple.

The Problem with most of those is that they tend to be rather Pay to win or just bad. Or the usual Grinding shit...

What you could try is Star was the Old Republic.

Though that seems to be a dying game.

But it was fun when I played it.

You have to pay for it.

You can play it for free up until Level 20.

But the Community isn't that great.

Its hard to find a Group to do stuff.

And because the Game Works, its rather competitive...

I was into SWTOR back in late 2016 I believe. I like the DA and ME series from Bioware so I was able to enjoy the game. I completed the base stories for J Knight, J Counselor, S Warrior, and S Inquisitor. Unfortunately the other 4 classes don't interest me enough to be able to get through them. With my JK character and SI character I've gotten too far into the expansion packs to where I can't play them for free since I'm not a member anymore, which means I'd need to start shelling up money to play them again. And I have too many characters to be able to create anymore. I do want to play it again, the problem is I know I'll just end up wasting money. I've tried getting into the game again on 4 separate occasions but can't do it, me just wasting $15-30 each time.