Two thick white lines

Rowan88
1 minute ago, Rowan88 said:

I would suggest just forgetting about aesthetics. You could always paint the card or using vinyl cut outs or something if you really cared that much. Or just take a sharpie to the orange bits.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 hour ago, Rowan88 said:

The prices im seeing so far are:

RX580 Aorus - £299

GTX 1060 6GB Dual White - £320

GTX 1060 6GB Strix - £325

So there's not much between them, and im trying to suit my nice white/rgb colour theme...

Will do a bit more researching but I prefer the look of the STRIX, but again if the RX is cheaper and gives more power then should be swaying to that.

I liked that the Aorus was RGB until I seen the orange lines don't change colour :'(

Is that £299 deal for the 8 or 4 GB model?

8gb model.

Intel Core i5-4670k 4.2GHz OC | Gigabyte Z87-D3HP | BeQuiet! Shadow Rock SR1 Pro | VTX3D HD7870 Black Boost Tahiti 2GB | Corsair Vengeance LP Blue DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | Crucial MX100 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair GS600 PSU | ThermalTake Chaser A31

Sorry for double post but gotta be honest, I really like the Nitro+ model, would actually fit into my white build as I can change the LED and the backplate although not white matches a lot of the silver in my case.

Gets a good writeup too.

Take it the 8GB at £300 is a good deal? And definitely worth the investment at this time to last for high quality gaming for a good 2-3 years?

Intel Core i5-4670k 4.2GHz OC | Gigabyte Z87-D3HP | BeQuiet! Shadow Rock SR1 Pro | VTX3D HD7870 Black Boost Tahiti 2GB | Corsair Vengeance LP Blue DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | Crucial MX100 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair GS600 PSU | ThermalTake Chaser A31

At today's prices, yeah, that's a good deal. As for how long it'll last, that depends on what your demands are. I'd imagine the 580 would be good for 1080p60 at high/very high settings for a couple of years.

i had a 480 8gb and my gf has a 1060 and nvidia seems more temp and power stable , so i think 1060>580 in terms of quality. so if i where u i would spend an extra 26 pounds to take 1060 strixx

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

So hard to choose. I must have watched about 20 videos with benchmarks etc yesterday.

I like the fact the 580 is future proof for DX12/Vulkan and has 2GB more memory, but the 1060 did score more higher FPS in games (apart from 2-3). On the other hand 580 has freesync and those monitors are a lot cheaper than gsync.

Guess i've got a bit of thinking to do but I suppose there is no rush, the prices can only go down anyway, and like I said the second I buy one NVIDIA will release there new models and the others will drop knowing my luck lol.

I went for the Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB for £299 :)

Is it worth manually overclocking that card or just use the in settings boost?

1 minute ago, Rowan88 said:

Is it worth manually overclocking that card or just use the in settings boost?

Personally, I manually overclock all the cards I buy; it's not exactly difficult. Then again, the 'stock' clocks on your card are already pretty high, so there's no pressing need.