I turned off Intergrated graphics but my pc will not post with gpu installed

Zach04.07

I recently bought a HP Compaq 8300 for $200 I also bought a Gigabyte GTX 1050 LP. I booted the system with the gpueno post. I knew that normally its a graphics card problem so I took it out and turned the pc back on worked fine. I then disabled the Intel Intergrated Graphics 2500 put the gpu back in still no post. 

Sincerely, Zachary 

Thank You

Ok to save time we are going take the easy route unplug your PC remove the card, and the button battery on your motherboard, wait for 1-3 minutes, then reinsert the battery boot the system, then insert your card, and restart the system. (optional) If you want to enable integrated graphics as well, after your computer starts properly, spam ESC and then select computer setup, and then head to devices in the right most tab and enable integrated graphics. If this processes are messed up even a bit it could lead to some headaches.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

Your cutting it close with that 240 w PSU

not really, it is only running at about 140 watts at peak load, he has 100 Watts of breathing room or about 50 for everyday use.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

3 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Your cutting it close with that 240 w PSU

I did my research since I did the same with a compaq elite 8200 SFF. In their standard config they only draw about 70 watts from the wall due to power optimizations, since these are business computers.

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

not really, it is only running at about 140 watts at peak load, he has 100 Watts of breathing room or about 50 for everyday use.

It's realistically not operating at peak 240w efficiency,moreso around the 200 w mark and a i5 will be around 180 w so

My life

2 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

I did my research since I did the same with a compaq elite 8200 SFF. In their standard config they only draw about 70 watts from the wall due to power optimizations, since these are business computers.

Sure then

OP does the GPU work in another PC

My life

9 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Ok to save time we are going take the easy route unplug your PC remove the card, and the button battery on your motherboard, wait for 1-3 minutes, then reinsert the battery boot the system, then insert your card, and restart the system. (optional) If you want to enable integrated graphics as well, after your computer starts properly, spam ESC and then select computer setup, and then head to devices in the right most tab and enable integrated graphics. If this processes are messed up even a bit it could lead to some headaches.

By button battery do you mean cmos cell?

Just now, Zach04.07 said:

By button battery do you mean cmos cell?

yes.

4 minutes ago, Zach04.07 said:

Ok

I forgot to mention, after you restart it, the computer will turn off (obviously), then turn on for 2-3 seconds, then restart, with integrated graphics disabled, and your card set as the primary video output device.

1 minute ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

I forgot to mention, after you restart it, the computer will turn off (obviously), then turn on for 2-3 seconds, then restart, with integrated graphics disabled, and your card set as the primary video output device.

Sorry for the typos, lol!

17 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

No problem

19 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

I turned it on after doing exactly what you said but yet with the gpu in it will not post.

1 minute ago, Zach04.07 said:

No problem

Is it working?

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Is it working?

No, sadly.

Interesting... 

I turned it on after doing exactly what you said but yet with the gpu in it will not post.

OK, restart, and go into computer setup.

Interesting... 

Interesting... 

Do I plug the gpu in while its booting? Because I did it before I started it up.

Do I plug the gpu in while its booting? Because I did it before I started it up.

No, it needs to be fully booted...

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Ok

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

If it isn't then the computer will usually fail to detect it

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

If it isn't then the computer will usually fail to detect it

So your saying when the computer is on I plug it in?

Just now, Zach04.07 said:

So your saying when the computer is on I plug it in?

Yes, weirdly enough... it works better that way.

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Yes, weirdly enough... it works better that way.

Oh ok I will let you know