Help windows 10 are broken.

I cant right click to close or pin a window in the taskbar.I cant access the windows store from my computer,when i access it via internet i try to download something but nothing happens when i click it.Last but not least my internet sometimes turn off only in the computer and when i trouble shoot,windows says that they have a problem connecting to the dns server which is googles. 8.8.8.8 8        8.8.4.4

Also i forgot windows apps like the calculator do not work saying this when i click on them.   There’s a problem with Photos. Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it.

When i try to reinstall them in the windows store i cant for the reason above.I am the admin WTF.Ok now last when i posted in this forum about the problem that i have with the taskbar,one said to download diskmax.After doing the scan i turned off the pc and the next day it was slow af and i play games like fortnite with less fps than i used to before i run this test.All these problems happen to other users to in my pc so dont suggest to try on another user.

Do i need a format?????

Seeing all the problems you have, I would advise to backup all your stuff and do a clean install.

For the taskbar, I think MS made a repair tool, I would have to look it up.

Not sure about the DNS problem, could be a problem with your network adapter or cable.

For the apps not working;

Open the registry editor

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsStore

Find the key named RemoveWindowsStore

Change the value to 0

But like I said, with all the problems you're describing, I strongly advise a clean install.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

4 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Seeing all the problems you have, I would advise to backup all your stuff and do a clean install.

For the taskbar, I think MS made a repair tool, I would have to look it up.

Not sure about the DNS problem, could be a problem with your network adapter or cable.

For the apps not working;

Open the registry editor

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsStore

Find the key named RemoveWindowsStore

Change the value to 0

But like I said, with all the problems you're describing, I strongly advise a clean install.

By clean install you mean format???Also can you link the repairtool and tell me where the registry editor is pls i am a little noob with software problems.

14 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

I cant right click to close or pin a window in the taskbar.I cant access the windows store from my computer,when i access it via internet i try to download something but nothing happens when i click it.Last but not least my internet sometimes turn off only in the computer and when i trouble shoot,windows says that they have a problem connecting to the dns server which is googles. 8.8.8.8 8        8.8.4.4

Also i forgot windows apps like the calculator do not work saying this when i click on them.   There’s a problem with Photos. Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it.

When i try to reinstall them in the windows store i cant for the reason above.I am the admin WTF.Ok now last when i posted in this forum about the problem that i have with the taskbar,one said to download diskmax.After doing the scan i turned off the pc and the next day it was slow af and i play games like fortnite with less fps than i used to before i run this test.All these problems happen to other users to in my pc so dont suggest to try on another user.

Do i need a format?????

Yea, your windows install is too much of a mess to save by the looks of it.

Time to format and reinstall it sadly.

Most of your save games will be in C:\users\<yourname>\appdata (hidden folder)

so back everything in there up first and after you reinstall windows, just copy back what you are sure are games as there is other stuff in there you do NOT want to copy back. 

It also wouldn't hurt to backup your documents folder and the user folder it's in to get any other save games that aren't in appdata.

This way you'll keep most of your save games anyways ;)

2 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

By clean install you mean format???Also can you link the repairtool and tell me where the registry editor is pls i am a little noob with software problems.

There's no repair tool for all the problems you're listing. Also, I really hate repair tools, they end up breaking something more often then not.

3 minutes ago, stateofpsychosis said:

so back everything in there up first and after you reinstall windows, just copy back what you are sure are games as there is other stuff in there you do NOT want to copy back. 

It also wouldn't hurt to backup your documents folder and the user folder it's in to get any other save games that aren't in appdata.

This is what  i found bu appdata.Is that the folder you meant???

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

There's no repair tool for all the problems you're listing. Also, I really hate repair tools, they end up breaking something more often then not.

Yeah thats what happened with diskmax

4 minutes ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Also shouldnt i backup programm files as well???

Just now, ManosMax13 said:

no need to back up the Program Files folder, that where part of the programs are located when installed, that folder alone will not make it possible to install the programs or run them.

Ok thanks i will format as soon as possible

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

no need to back up the Program Files folder, that where part of the programs are located when installed, that folder alone will not make it possible to install the programs or run them.

3 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

You don't have to. Just back up your documents and any data you want to keep. It may also be worth making a note of all of the applications you have installed, so you can install them again once Windows is reinstalled.

Then either use your Windows install disc/USB to perform a fresh install of Windows.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

Just now, chiller15 said:

You don't have to. Just back up your documents and any data you want to keep. It may also be worth making a note of all of the applications you have installed, so you can installed them again.

Then either use your Windows install disc/USB to perform a fresh install of Windows.

Ok and just to be sure was the folder mentioned above what you meant???

5 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

This is what  i found bu appdata.Is that the folder you meant???

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming

No every folder in appdata.

Local, locallow, and roaming.

Back up all of those.

Ok and just to be sure was the folder mentioned above what you meant???

You do not need to back up Program Files.

You do need to back up your Documents folder and anywhere else you have stored data, such as music, videos, etc.

Just now, chiller15 said:

You do need to back up your Documents folder and anywhere else you have stored data, such as music, videos, etc.

No i meant that is this the right folder to back up C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming

No i meant that is this the right folder to back up C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming

NO,

You need to backup local, locallow, AND roaming.

There are save game folders in each one of those.

1 minute ago, chiller15 said:

1 minute ago, stateofpsychosis said:

No every folder in appdata.

Local, locallow, and roaming.

Back up all of those.

What is local and locallow where do i find them

Just now, stateofpsychosis said:

NO,

You need to backup local, locallow, AND roaming.

There are save game folders in each one of those.

But this is Roaming....

But this is Roaming....

Inside the appdata folder, there should be 3 folders.

1 labeled local, 1 labeled locallow, and one labeled roaming not JUST roaming.

If that's the only folder that's in there, that may be one of the reasons why windows is borked.

Those are pretty darn important folders that contain a lot of configuration files not just save games.

4 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

Honestly, I wouldn't. They can be locations that nasties can live in. At this point we don't know what caused your Windows installation to mess up, so I wouldn't rule out viruses or malware for exmaple.

The folders I'd backup are:

C:\Users\User\Desktop

C:\Users\User\Documents

C:\Users\User\Downloads

C:\Users\User\Favorites

C:\Users\User\Music

C:\Users\User\Pictures

C:\Users\User\Videos

Games will usually save in the Documents folder somewhere, unless it's either A) a poorly programmed game or B) it's a Steam game (or a similar platform).

1 minute ago, stateofpsychosis said:

If that's the only folder that's in there, that may be one of the reasons why windows is borked.

Those are pretty darn important folders that contain a lot of configuration files not just save games.

So i go in C:\Users\user\AppData find these folders and back them up???

So i go in C:\Users\user\AppData find these folders and back them up???

I will anser to my question yes.

6 minutes ago, chiller15 said:

Honestly, I wouldn't. They can be locations that nasties can live in. At this point we don't know what caused your Windows installation to mess up, so I wouldn't rule out viruses or malware for exmaple.

The folders I'd backup are:

C:\Users\User\Desktop

C:\Users\User\Documents

C:\Users\User\Downloads

C:\Users\User\Favorites

C:\Users\User\Music

C:\Users\User\Pictures

C:\Users\User\Videos

Games will usually save in the Documents folder somewhere, unless it's either A) a poorly programmed game or B) it's a Steam game (or a similar platform).

6 minutes ago, stateofpsychosis said:

14 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Thanks to all of you.

12 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

Thanks to all of you.

Oh my god no..

Almost all of your saves will be in appdata these days.

It's rare to see them anywhere else..

It's been years and years since it was standard to see them saved in the documents folder or in the game folders themselves..

I'm not suggesting to just blindly copy and paste everything in there to the new install.

Nope, just go through every single thing individually and figure out if they're game saves or not and only copy back what you're sure about.

If you don't do this, you're going to lose most of your save games.

4 hours ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Oh my god no..

Almost all of your saves will be in appdata these days.

It's rare to see them anywhere else..

It's been years and years since it was standard to see them saved in the documents folder or in the game folders themselves..

I'm not suggesting to just blindly copy and paste everything in there to the new install.

Nope, just go through every single thing individually and figure out if they're game saves or not and only copy back what you're sure about.

If you don't do this, you're going to lose most of your save games.

Ok!