Ethernet Wire issues with rain

So It's been about nearly a month since I've gotten my security cameras, it's been going fine besides some minor software issues. However that is not the reason why I am here today. The reason why I am here is because I need some help. Around yesterday it ended up raining quite a lot, when I went to check up my security cameras one of them stopped working. So I went down to check and I saw this, the ethernet heads are pretty much black. probably due to all of the rain. So my question is, can I simply replace the head of the ethernet cable so it can work? Cut the cable a bit, then put one of these heads https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0771MCFQ7/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A17K4O9J62HKE5&psc=1 
and my ethernet cable will be good again? I'd rather not try and replace the entire cable since they are 100 foot long cables. Also for people thinking that this will happen again, I will simply use the waterproof cap that came with the security cameras. The only reason I did not put them on in the first place is because I didn't know how to so I didn't bother learning how to do it since I didn't think it was necessary but sadly I was very much mistaken. As always any help will be appreciated and thanks in advance. Also FYI for the people curious the cameras themselves are still fine, I tested them with some other ethernet cords I had lying around and they still worked.

20180415_191835.jpg

20180415_191841.jpg

You're fine, go for it. Just make sure you get the wires in the right spot.

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

2 minutes ago, SenseiPichu said:

-SNIP-

Since this is going in an outdoor application I would recommend to invest in exterior grade cables for the outside portion, over the years the jacket on regular cables will break down and crack. Check to see if the weather seals around the camera and such are still good as any water getting near the connections can spell disaster. 

I would also seal off the ports once the cable is plugged in with a waterproof sealant like flex seal, silicone, or other sealant.

Main pc

CPU: AMD RYZEN 2200G || GPU: EVGA GTX 780 || PSU: EVGA 500W  ||  MOBO: MSI B350M MORTAR ||

RAM: BALLISTIX SPORT LT 12GB (4X3) DDR4 3133 MHz ||  CPU COOLER: AMD WRAITH STEALTH || SSD: SILICON POWER S55 120GB (BOOT) ||

HDD: WESTERN DIGITAL 500GB BLUE 7.2K RPM, 200GB random Toshiba HDD || CASE: Thermaltake View 28 ||

Consoles

|| XBOX 360 || NINTENDO WII U || PLAYSTATION 3 || PSVita (1000 model, henkaku fw 3.87 || NINTENDO 3DS XL || Nintendo Switch Lite ||

you'd be better investing in a corner jack to plug your cable into in case this happens again

Another thing to add, is install a drip loop in the line.

On 4/15/2018 at 7:51 PM, KarathKasun said:

You can also pack the connections with a dielectric grease to keep water from getting into the contacts.

Dielectric grease is conductive and would cause the pins to short.

2 hours ago, Marshnt said:

Another thing to add, is install a drip loop in the line.

Dielectric grease is conductive and would cause the pins to short.

Dielectric grease literally means "non-conductive grease".

Dielectric materials are insulators that have some form of reaction to an electric field, usually polarization of the molecules.  Even though they can interact with the field, they are still an insulator and will not directly transmit current.  This is the same stuff you use on spark plugs to keep water out of the HV connection areas and prevent arcing.

On 4/19/2018 at 6:18 PM, KarathKasun said:

Dielectric grease literally means "non-conductive grease".

Dielectric materials are insulators that have some form of reaction to an electric field, usually polarization of the molecules.  Even though they can interact with the field, they are still an insulator and will not directly transmit current.  This is the same stuff you use on spark plugs to keep water out of the HV connection areas and prevent arcing.

You would be correct i was thinking of noalox