Mixing RAM Frequency's?

Go to solution Solved by Teh Afro,

You don't need 2100Mhz. Any 1600Mhz will be fine for most tasks

Cheers. I'll close this now. 

Hey I currently have 8GB of Corsair Vengeance running at 1600Mhz. I'm getting another kit of 8GB but this runs at 2100Mhz. Will it effect performance if they're at different speeds? Will it be fine? 

Can anyone help me out?

They will all downclock to the lowest speed that is presented. In this case, 1600.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

They will all downclock to the lowest speed that is presented. In this case, 1600.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. So would you still recommend the upgrade?

Lowest common denominator.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Hey I currently have 8GB of Corsair Vengeance running at 1600Mhz. I'm getting another kit of 8GB but this runs at 2100Mhz. Will it effect performance if they're at different speeds? Will it be fine? 

Can anyone help me out?

It's recommended that both memory kits are the same.

If you were to use both memory kits. Both kits would run at 1600MHz. As your 1600Mhz memory might not be able to be clocked at any speed above 1600. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. So would you still recommend the upgrade?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Cheers. I'll close this now. 

Can anyone help me out?

also make sure the CAS latency matches up. In most cases the motherboard should automatically adjust the cas latency. However double check otherwise it might cause some stability issues. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.