Need guidance in Threadripper 1950 X Fatality Memory picking

Hello, so i am using Asrock X399 Fatality motherboard with 1950X threadripper. I am going to use this machine for rendering and editing architecture project video/render, so maximum RAM is necessary, looking for 64 Gb or 128 Gb for better performance, some projects need massive RAM( 16 Gb per module)

According to the RAM Manufacturer Website, X399 Fatality memory QVL, https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty X399 Professional Gaming/index.asp#Memory  and based on CL 14 timings and Hynix/Samsung B-die chip as apparently they matter. Which of the following RAM will run the best? and suggestion are also welcomed for RAM other than which i listed, i may forgot a whole bunch and not really experienced with Threadripper.

Thanks!!
image.png.260a531b8184e35999fa20c67d2871d9.png 

ram.PNG

ram 2.PNG

ram 3.PNG

The faster the better.

I have Gskill 16-16-16 at 3600 and it made a difference in performance over the 2133 it was at before setting the XMP.  At 4.1mhz cpu 3600hz ram it will do over 3500 in Cinabench.  The performance is substantial.

29 minutes ago, silvanus.andi said:

Did you already buy the board? Because the Zenith Extreme is probably the board to get.

At this point memory compatibility has improved enough that it probably doesn't matter much.

B-die is probably still the best to get, but you want the fastest memory you can get in any case.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Did you already buy the board? Because the Zenith Extreme is probably the board to get.

At this point memory compatibility has improved enough that it probably doesn't matter much.

B-die is probably still the best to get, but you want the fastest memory you can get in any case.

Unfortunately, I already bought the board. im looking for B-die ones or the most compatible ones for 64 or 128 Gb in total, its okay if its not the fastest one.

as in Threadripper is way too picky for memory even the fastest one wont work if it is simply aint compatible i think :(

19 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

The faster the better.

I have Gskill 16-16-16 at 3600 and it made a difference in performance over the 2133 it was at before setting the XMP.  At 4.1mhz cpu 3600hz ram it will do over 3500 in Cinabench.  The performance is substantial.

Ah, i see, so the faster it is the better

but i dont know its gonna be compatible with Threadripper though. Mind sharing your build? espescially the RAM kit specification, im quite paranoid about Threadripper memory compatibility

4 minutes ago, silvanus.andi said:

Unfortunately, I already bought the board. im looking for B-die ones or the most compatible ones for 64 or 128 Gb in total, its okay if its not the fastest one.

as in Threadripper is way too picky for memory even the fastest one wont work if it is simply aint compatible i think :(

Is returning the board an option? lol, The Zenith is just a beast and has a properly cooled VRM.

If you want more info on the RAM you'll have to go to like an overclocker forum or something, but most kits should be compatible and able to run at higher speeds.

https://hardforum.com/threads/threadripper-1950x-ram-benchmarks-frequency-vs-timing.1954395/

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, silvanus.andi said:

Ah, i see, so the faster it is the better

but i dont know its gonna be compatible with Threadripper though. Mind sharing your build? espescially the RAM kit specification, im quite paranoid about Threadripper memory compatibility

1950X, enermax 360 AIO, 2 kits of this ram, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0199SPVLQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 on a Designare.

That's the important stuff.

My personal opinion?

Check the compatibility list of your motherboard, and buy the cheapest kit listed there.

AMD cpu's don't have very strong IMC's, so  buying B-Die won't benefit you a great deal over cheaper ram, because you probably won't get tight timings with fast speed with a board filled to the brim with RAM.

1 minute ago, Klenex said:

My personal opinion?

Check the compatibility list of your motherboard, and buy the cheapest kit listed there.

AMD cpu's don't have very strong IMC's, so  buying B-Die won't benefit you a great deal over cheaper ram, because you probably won't get tight timings with fast speed with a board filled to the brim with RAM.

I disagree.  Memory speed improves performance in Ryzen, and Threadripper.  There are multiple sources showing this.  B-Die works for Threadripper up to its rated speeds.  I have seen it first hand.

17 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Is returning the board an option? lol, The Zenith is just a beast and has a properly cooled VRM.

If you want more info on the RAM you'll have to go to like an overclocker forum or something, but most kits should be compatible and able to run at higher speeds.

https://hardforum.com/threads/threadripper-1950x-ram-benchmarks-frequency-vs-timing.1954395/

Sadly it is not an option. Ok, i will learn and read through the link you just give!

17 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

1950X, enermax 360 AIO, 2 kits of this ram, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0199SPVLQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 on a Designare.

That's the important stuff.

Thanks @TheGlenlivet for sharing your build and @Klenex! I will give an update on what RAM I ended up with*

*I'm already using F4-3200C15D-32GTZR in 64 Gb, but im looking for memory swap as in i get BSOD when system is on idle, but fine under load(those BSODs are annoying enough to make me think changing RAMs)

2 minutes ago, silvanus.andi said:

Thanks @TheGlenlivet for sharing your build and @Klenex! I will give an update on what RAM I ended up with*

*I'm already using F4-3200C15D-32GTZR in 64 Gb, but im looking for memory swap as in i get BSOD when system is on idle, but fine under load(those BSODs are annoying enough to make me think changing RAMs)

Try memtest86 to see if it's the RAM and RMA the bad DImms?

5 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Try memtest86 to see if it's the RAM and RMA the bad DImms?

AHHH, i totally forgot that one! i use Prime95, AIDA64, and Y-Cruncher all this time, but totally forgot about memtest86

OK, this very weekend gonna have to try that memtest86