Same error message keep popping up, but what is it?

Howitz

This thing just keeps popping up... anyone knows if i messed up somewhere? what is it? how can i fix it? does it mean something important is off? i just did the following in order

1.bios update

2.clean install of windows 10 from a usb drive using the window media creation tool

3.installing all updates stuff in windows update

4.Removing graphics driver with DDU in safe mode

5.installing the latest amd driver for my rx480 and this is when it popped up for the first time.

image.png.d76fcbd0ff7d31f083979b08abde3ee3.png

you must of messed with something that had to do with that dll file and now its deleted, i havent seen something like this until now but if you can i would just reinstall the program and that should fix it but if it doesnt then there is definitely something else going wrong

2 minutes ago, lbeck71 said:

you must of messed with something that had to do with that dll file and now its deleted, i havent seen something like this until now but if you can i would just reinstall the program and that should fix it but if it doesnt then there is definitely something else going wrong

i think i did all my manipulations right, if something is messed up it is beyond my understanding... what program are you refering to and how should i reinstall it?

if something's messed up, i'm pretty sure it messed itself up... would'nt be surprised... microsoft i'm looking at you.

honestly i dont know but if i can look up the name of the exe in the screenshot i can maybe find it

1 minute ago, lbeck71 said:

honestly i dont know but if i can look up the name of the exe in the screenshot i can maybe find it

ok thanks i'll go take a look

here is a quote from another user after doing some research

my guess this is Visual C+++

Look to see what years of Visual C++ you have installed in your CONTROL PANEL ...ADD REMOVE PROGRAMS

Old programs may not run using Visual C++ 2015, This file error maybe from a version from 2008/2010/2012?

When you updated Visual, did you install BOTH 32bit and 64bit. If not, that could be your error.

So look in your control panel, what do you have installed?

edit: what is this file AUEPUC.exe your message says to reinstall the AUEPUC?

It's a VC++ redistributable. Download a bunch of them and install (after uninstalling what you have). Try both 32 and 64 but versions for some of the older ones.

8 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

It's a VC++ redistributable. Download a bunch of them and install (after uninstalling what you have). Try both 32 and 64 but versions for some of the older ones.

well i just did the steps i mentionned above, after a clean windows 10 install, i just let the windows update thing run itself and download all the stuff for me apart from the amd driver... are there any other steps apart from manually downloading the vc++ stuff that i should do adter a clean install?

from what i understand it is those guys right? they are x86, x64 and x64 from top to bottom. after i go get the missing ones should i reinstall my display driver or it has nothing to do with it?

the 3 displayed there are the only ones installed. what are those btw? i think when i launch a steam game sometimes it installs them? could my issue be fixed just by launching some steam game?

image.png.8351d1287a049cdbaeaa20ff5eadd071.png

2 minutes ago, Howitz said:

well i just did the steps i mentionned above, after a clean windows 10 install, i just let the windows update thing run itself and download all the stuff for me apart from the amd driver... are there any other steps apart from manually downloading the vc++ stuff that i should do adter a clean install?

Generally a game should install what it needs, but sometimes it doesn't happen with certain software. I built one program, and it needs the 2015 redistributable (pretty sure it was 15). Had to be installed manually.

Windows won't do it for you. Either the software installed it... Or you do. Unfortunately not always automatic.

3 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Generally a game should install what it needs, but sometimes it doesn't happen with certain software. I built one program, and it needs the 2015 redistributable (pretty sure it was 15). Had to be installed manually.

Windows won't do it for you. Either the software installed it... Or you do. Unfortunately not always automatic.

ok so as i mentionned above in my further developped answer, i guess if i launch a steam game it might just install the one causing this error automatically and it will go away? cuz right now i don't know what triggers the error message, but it does'nt seem to be causing any issue.

i suppose the program that tried to run is the .exe AUEPUC right? i'll go check what it does.

6 hours ago, Howitz said:

ok so as i mentionned above in my further developped answer, i guess if i launch a steam game it might just install the one causing this error automatically and it will go away? cuz right now i don't know what triggers the error message, but it does'nt seem to be causing any issue.

i suppose the program that tried to run is the .exe AUEPUC right? i'll go check what it does.

Yeah, whatever app that is was trying to use over if the VC++ versions and it fails. It could've been corrupted it not installed, or installed improperly. If they are already installed manually, then everything should be fine. It puts in correct .dll for whatever the software is trying to access.

Also I accidently neglected part of your answer. I shouldn't have anything to do with display drivers.

6 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Yeah, whatever app that is was trying to use over if the VC++ versions and it fails. It could've been corrupted it not installed, or installed improperly. If they are already installed manually, then everything should be fine. It puts in correct .dll for whatever the software is trying to access.

Also I accidently neglected part of your answer. I shouldn't have anything to do with display drivers.

i had a bsod today that said INVALID_KERNEL_STACK_ADRESS here's the dump file linked ot it i think. anyone able to tell me what's wrong?

041218-4734-01.dmp