My Ryzen 5 is underclocking?

Hey forum!

I'm having this nasty and nonsensical problem with my Ryzen 5 1600x, it keeps under-clocking to 2.2 GHz.

This isn't fun for me because I get half the fps I usually get in PUBG.

I've run stress tests and my CPU never goes above 53 C (when it's underclocked, I haven't run it at my normal clock(3.6GHz))

Can anyone help?

CPU.PNG

What motherboard do you have and what kind of a CPU cooler do u use?

1 minute ago, TheSebamed said:

What motherboard do you have and what kind of a CPU cooler do u use?

My motherboard is an ASUS B350M Bazooka, and I use the wraith spire.

Seems like your VRM's are overheating. I had the same issue on my FX8350 system last year. I fixed it by putting a normal fan blow air at it. Even tho, i dont have heatsinks over my VRMs (motherboard). Your motherboard does, but id recommend trying to put a fan blow air at ur VRMs.
 Link To My Issue That i had.  <-- here u can see what i did to fix my problem ;) 

I had the same problem, and it is in the BIOS. Many other people have experience the 2.2ghz frequency lock if you search on Google. Best fix is resetting the CMOS, and it should be back to stock frequencies. Update your BIOS after you reset it, and see if that fixes the problem. I recall that it was some problem in Voltage and for me, updating BIOS eventually fixed it.

On 4/8/2018 at 7:20 PM, TheSebamed said:

Seems like your VRM's are overheating. I had the same issue on my FX8350 system last year. I fixed it by putting a normal fan blow air at it. Even tho, i dont have heatsinks over my VRMs (motherboard). Your motherboard does, but id recommend trying to put a fan blow air at ur VRMs.
 Link To My Issue That i had.  <-- here u can see what i did to fix my problem ;) 

That does seem like the most reasonable answer. But I'm still doubtful because he's only  running a 1600x. I presume he's using a b350 board, but it's not like he's aiming for 4.1ghz on an 8 core either. It should be able to handle that load... 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Hey Guys, I did manage to fix this problem. It was as simple as a BIOS update. Thanks whoisit1118.