New high end build

Hey!

So, i've grown more and more tired of my PC slowing down my workflow.

This is my current PC, so you get a hang of where I'm currently at: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NjXKBb

This is what i had in mind: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CYrZRJ 

I intend to run 4x SSD's in raid 0 for a video/photo edit scratch disk. Thoughts?

I intend to run a m.2 pcie ssd for my OS and general programs. Thoughts?

What i do:

I edit videos and a metric ****ton of pictures, often in batches of several hundred high res ones. I need to be able to do this unhindered by lag, and annoying limitations on hardware.

I also stream the occasional youtube/twitch session, and i want to do this at the highest quality. Generally, if i want to do something, i want to be able to do it without trouble.

What i'm now wondering, is if any of you guys have any fantastic insights or commentary on what i have set my eyes on.

Also, i need recommendations for choosing a case with good airflow, aesthetics is also important, as it will be displayed on my desktop.

Also, i need recommendations on what regular SSD's i should choose, aswell as an m.2 pcie SSD (is that the way to say it?).

Appreciate any and all input, but keep it nice! :)

You are more than welcome to suggest changes to hardware, but keep it slightly below the 3000$ mark preferably (excluding storage).

12 minutes ago, Verymanythings said:

Hey!

So, i've grown more and more tired of my PC slowing down my workflow.

This is my current PC, so you get a hang of where I'm currently at: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NjXKBb

This is what i had in mind: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CYrZRJ 

I intend to run 4x SSD's in raid 0 for a video/photo edit scratch disk. Thoughts?

I intend to run a m.2 pcie ssd for my OS and general programs. Thoughts?

What i do:

I edit videos and a metric ****ton of pictures, often in batches of several hundred high res ones. I need to be able to do this unhindered by lag, and annoying limitations on hardware.

I also stream the occasional youtube/twitch session, and i want to do this at the highest quality. Generally, if i want to do something, i want to be able to do it without trouble.

What i'm now wondering, is if any of you guys have any fantastic insights or commentary on what i have set my eyes on.

Also, i need recommendations for choosing a case with good airflow, aesthetics is also important, as it will be displayed on my desktop.

Also, i need recommendations on what regular SSD's i should choose, aswell as an m.2 pcie SSD (is that the way to say it?).

Appreciate any and all input, but keep it nice! :)

You are more than welcome to suggest changes to hardware, but keep it slightly below the 3000$ mark preferably (excluding storage).

Personally, I don't think transition from a blower 1070 to regular fan 1070 makes that big of a difference to be worth buying another 1070. Unless you plan to do some SLI thing... you're better off fully upgrading to a higher tier or if you are open to it you can mod your current 1070 to be water cooled. (something like the EK phoenix kit can make water cooler easier for beginners)

4 minutes ago, QuirkyRobot said:

you're better off fully upgrading to a higher tier or if you are open to it you can mod your current 1070 to be water cooled

Or sell the gtx 1070 and buy a 1080Ti with extra money :D

EDIT: oops you said that......

My own build: RΛZΞR theme

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K // CPU cooler: Cryorig H7 // Motherboard: MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon //       

Video Card: MSI Armor gtx 1070 OC 8GB // RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200MHz //  

SSD: Samsung EVO 960 500GB // HDD: 2x WD yellow edition 2TB //

Case: NZXT H440 RAZER edition // Power Supply: Corsair RM550x //         

Operating Software: Windows 10 pro 64-bit

1 hour ago, QuirkyRobot said:

Personally, I don't think transition from a blower 1070 to regular fan 1070 makes that big of a difference to be worth buying another 1070. Unless you plan to do some SLI thing... you're better off fully upgrading to a higher tier or if you are open to it you can mod your current 1070 to be water cooled. (something like the EK phoenix kit can make water cooler easier for beginners)

1 hour ago, Walt said:

Or sell the gtx 1070 and buy a 1080Ti with extra money :D

EDIT: oops you said that......

The GPU hasn't been thought about that much, i just threw in some for reference. The one listed there is not the exact one i have, and the one listed there is also not the exact one i would be buying.

Might even keep the old GPU and stick in the new system. I feel like i wouldn't be taking full advantage of a 1080, therefore can't really justify that extra 800-900$

I feel like the 1070 is enough for my tasks etc, especially since most of the things i do leverage CPU more than GPU.

8 minutes ago, Verymanythings said:

The GPU hasn't been thought about that much, i just threw in some for reference. The one listed there is not the exact one i have, and the one listed there is also not the exact one i would be buying.

Might even keep the old GPU and stick in the new system. I feel like i wouldn't be taking full advantage of a 1080, therefore can't really justify that extra 800-900$

I feel like the 1070 is enough for my tasks etc, especially since most of the things i do leverage CPU more than GPU.

If your focus is on your storage options then Samsung's 860 Sata Evo and m.2 960 Pro will do well. I usually only put two drives in Raid 0 so I don't know exactly what capacity you are looking for to Raid together. Just remember that higher capacity SSDs perform better than the lower capacity counterpart.