refresh rate lock when watching videos on second monitor

cadd

So I just purchased my first 144hz monitor and im now running a dual monitor setup with my 75hz monitor, however when I watch videos on my old monitor, the refresh rate on my new one is locked to 75hz, so it really messes with me when im trying to watch a Twitch stream while im playing fortnite or something and my refresh rate goes from 144 to 75. It really sucks and I'm trying to find a way to fix it do you guys have any advice?

8700k/1070ti/16gb ram

You Mean the games FPS goes down to 75 fps while watching videos on the other screen?

Does it happen when you play the video on the same display as the game?

Computers r fun

Just now, TheNuzziNuzz said:

You Mean the games FPS goes down to 75 fps while watching videos on the other screen?

Does it happen when you play the video on the same display as the game?

No, the fps stays the same just the refresh rate goes down. And nom it doesnt happen when i play the video on the same sceen as the game.

8700k/1070ti/16gb ram

5 minutes ago, cadd said:

No, the fps stays the same just the refresh rate goes down. And nom it doesnt happen when i play the video on the same sceen as the game.

Windows can only use 1 monitor at a time with different refresh rates, so only one works at a time unless you get another monitor with the same refresh rate. It's just how Windows works sadly.

24 minutes ago, cadd said:

So I just purchased my first 144hz monitor and im now running a dual monitor setup with my 75hz monitor, however when I watch videos on my old monitor, the refresh rate on my new one is locked to 75hz, so it really messes with me when im trying to watch a Twitch stream while im playing fortnite or something and my refresh rate goes from 144 to 75. It really sucks and I'm trying to find a way to fix it do you guys have any advice?

Normal behavior.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/4i4399/dual_monitor_144hz_60hz_framerate_lock_is_a_bug/