Recovering data off an android phone - Help

CookieMaster

Hello, so my dad apparently dropped his phone with  good case too and the lcd somehow tore but the glass itself didnt (you can see a crack inside the screen but its not outside) Anyway I was trying to recover some data (mainly app data from android...) But my problem is that the phone inst in the correct transfer mode :( so I can't directly access it through windows or software (I believe its currently in ptp mode :( ) Anyways, I was wondering if i could maybe boot up in a diffrent mode, or if it would be possible to run so adb commands. This phone is a Samsung j36v and I want to say its running android N, might be m though. I believe the touch screen might work, but since the lcd screen is just cracked i cant see anything, the second i turn it on you can see some colors. Thank you. 

Google and other services back up all of your essential data to the cloud, first log into the accounts you previously had, and then go to cloud and select restore.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

13 minutes ago, CookieMaster said:

Hello, so my dad apparently dropped his phone with  good case too and the lcd somehow tore but the glass itself didnt (you can see a crack inside the screen but its not outside) Anyway I was trying to recover some data (mainly app data from android...) But my problem is that the phone inst in the correct transfer mode :( so I can't directly access it through windows or software (I believe its currently in ptp mode :( ) Anyways, I was wondering if i could maybe boot up in a diffrent mode, or if it would be possible to run so adb commands. This phone is a Samsung j36v and I want to say its running android N, might be m though. I believe the touch screen might work, but since the lcd screen is just cracked i cant see anything, the second i turn it on you can see some colors. Thank you. 

What brand of phone is this?

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

1 hour ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

What brand of phone is this?

Samsung, j36v

And everything important is backed up but goggle doesn't keep a copy of some data, like certain game files. 

4 minutes ago, CookieMaster said:

Samsung, j36v

And everything important is backed up but goggle doesn't keep a copy of some data, like certain game files. 

Ok, well since it Samsung, tell him to log into his google account on a computer, go to the playstore, and tell his phone to download a Samsung app called Sidesync and then download it for whatever computer you are on, if the phone still works then try to connect it to a computer, it will give you the option to access the phone's screen on your computer.

Ok, well since it Samsung, tell him to log into his google account on a computer, go to the playstore, and tell his phone to download a Samsung app called Sidesync and then download it for whatever computer you are on, if the phone still works then try to connect it to a computer, it will give you the option to access the phone's screen on your computer.

Hmm ok I could login, then send a download to the phone but I cant touch the phone screen nor see where im going so hopefully i would be able to access it. 

Just now, CookieMaster said:

Hmm ok I could login, then send a download to the phone but I cant touch the phone screen nor see where im going so hopefully i would be able to access it. 

As long as you have the google account you can download app remotely, and you can use your keyboard and mouse on your computer to interact with the device.

2 minutes ago, CookieMaster said:

Oh, wait you do need to log into the phone first... before it auto launches...

3 minutes ago, CookieMaster said:

And you also need to give the app permissions... 

Yeah i was gonna say that, apps dont auto launch anyways after install, maybe some adb commands i can use

Not sure if bootloader or usb debugging has to be enabled but I think in recovery mode it doesn't need to be

Just now, CookieMaster said:

Not sure if bootloader or usb debugging has to be enabled but I think in recovery mode it doesn't need to be

well even if you do have to enable permissions, you can always guesstimate the buttons location... and for the login, if you don't have a fingerprint reader, and have a password or pin instead you can always grab an otg cable and a keyboard.