Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut for 8700K delid?

Hey there,

So I have some Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut paste, and I'm perfectly happy with the temps of my stock undervolted 8700K, but things aren't that pretty once overclocking. I know Kryonaut is good for contact between the heath spreader and the heatsink of the cooler (Corsair H110i V2 in this case).

So first of all: Is it also good as a substitute for Intel's toothpaste while delidding? I'm kind of scared of the contact of the liquid metal against the aluminium heatsink, too. I'm also asking since the most used is always Conductonaut, so I wanted to know if Kryounaut has also good and viable.

Plus: What delidding toolkit do you recommend?

40 minutes ago, Hunter-97-G said:

Hey there,

So I have some Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut paste, and I'm perfectly happy with the temps of my stock undervolted 8700K, but things aren't that pretty once overclocking. I know Kryonaut is good for contact between the heath spreader and the heatsink of the cooler (Corsair H110i V2 in this case).

So first of all: Is it also good as a substitute for Intel's toothpaste while delidding? I'm kind of scared of the contact of the liquid metal against the aluminium heatsink, too. I'm also asking since the most used is always Conductonaut, so I wanted to know if Kryounaut has also good and viable.

Plus: What delidding toolkit do you recommend?

#1 there is no aluminium in the intel heatspreader, its made of copper with nickel plating.

#2 kryonaut will work but has to be refreshed every now and then and temps will be a little higher than using conductonaut.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

8 minutes ago, DarkSmith2 said:

#1 there is no aluminium in the intel heatspreader, its made of copper with nickel plating.

#2 kryonaut will work but has to be refreshed every now and then and temps will be a little higher than using conductonaut.

kryonaut is still better than the normal TIM, if he wants to risk he can go for conductonaut, but even the kryonaut probably gives him 4°C lower temps already

15 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

kryonaut is still better than the normal TIM, if he wants to risk he can go for conductonaut, but even the kryonaut probably gives him 4°C lower temps already

which risk is higher? to apply liquid metal once or having to apply other TIM every year? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Its up to him to decide.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

I tested both actually haha just because I was bored and liquid metal is 8 degrees cooler but kryonaught still dropped temps by 16 degrees 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

On 2.4.2018 at 1:47 PM, DarkSmith2 said:

which risk is higher? to apply liquid metal once or having to apply other TIM every year? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Its up to him to decide.

itrs the other way around, LM gets rock hard over time, after a year thats the case and you have to replace it for good thermal performance again

1 hour ago, Tiwaz said:

itrs the other way around, LM gets rock hard over time, after a year thats the case and you have to replace it for good thermal performance again

thats why you use conductonaut which doesnt dry out.^^