0X80070570 Error Xbox 1

Cole5
Go to solution Solved by Spyder1384,
On 4/7/2018 at 8:00 PM, Cole5 said:

I plugged it into my computer and it says the directory is invald 

UPDATE!

I formatted it to my PC, then back to the XBox and it works now. But of course everythigns kinda gone, win some lose some i guess

Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you. I'm glad to hear that worked for you. Hopefully it was only gamedata and not savegames you had on there. In any case, I'm glad I was able to help.

I keep getting this error whenever i try and install any BC games or any App, and the Xbox forums seem to only have info for the 360 error if the same 

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

-Moved to Troubleshooting-

Have you tried using the 360 fix instructions?

They instructions are basically a hard reset, which i've don e dozens of times now to no avail seeing as there int a clear cache option on the Xbox 1

Per Xbox forums it's suggesting a possible issue with external drive. Are you saving to Internal or External Drive? If you're saving to external it may be a problem there, either with the drive itself or with caching to the drive. Assuming that you're saving to external (while I know it'll be a pain to re-download everything), you might consider formatting the drive through the Xbox console and see if this doesn't solve the problem. Also, if you haven't already (assuming that you are using external) try plugging into a different USB port just in case, if this works at least you can avoid formatting your drive.

1 hour ago, Spyder1384 said:

Per Xbox forums it's suggesting a possible issue with external drive. Are you saving to Internal or External Drive? If you're saving to external it may be a problem there, either with the drive itself or with caching to the drive. Assuming that you're saving to external (while I know it'll be a pain to re-download everything), you might consider formatting the drive through the Xbox console and see if this doesn't solve the problem. Also, if you haven't already (assuming that you are using external) try plugging into a different USB port just in case, if this works at least you can avoid formatting your drive.

I plug them through a 4x USB 3.0 usb splitter base,

I'll try removing all of them first and see if that works, if so it's time to reformat DX

2 hours ago, Cole5 said:

I plug them through a 4x USB 3.0 usb splitter base,

I'll try removing all of them first and see if that works, if so it's time to reformat DX

Ok. Please be sure to let us know if this corrects your problem.

4 hours ago, Spyder1384 said:

Welp i unplugged my main drive and installed youtube and banjokazooie onto my internal, good news, it worked, bad news, it means my primary drive is borked, gonna see if my secondary and my SSD have the same issue

9 hours ago, Spyder1384 said:

Okay, i think im haunted, I unplugged my ssd and plugged it in, it doesent show up but now my 2 HHDS's do

25 minutes ago, Cole5 said:

Okay, i think im haunted, I unplugged my ssd and plugged it in, it doesent show up but now my 2 HHDS's do

You said you're using a USB hub, what all do you have plugged into it and is it a Powered HUB?

4 hours ago, Spyder1384 said:

You said you're using a USB hub, what all do you have plugged into it and is it a Powered HUB?

This was after i unplugged it

I have 2 Seagate 1TB Drives and 1 Seagate 256 GB SSD

It worked fine for a while it was a Xbox 1 S Cooling fan + USB hub 

It used both of the back USB ports so im assumign ti was powered yes

1 minute ago, Cole5 said:

This was after i unplugged it

I have 2 Seagate 1TB Drives and 1 Seagate 256 GB SSD

It worked fine for a while it was a Xbox 1 S Cooling fan + USB hub 

It used both of the back USB ports so im assumign ti was powered yes

If your USB hub does not plug into wall power, then it is not powered. Long term this can cause issues as it would mean that your drives aren't being powered properly by the USB on your X1 alone. While you might get away with plugging in multiple USB Sticks, you won't get away with multiple HDDs unless the HDDs themselves are plugged into wall power. Long term if an external drive is running underpowered it can potentially cause issues with the control board resulting in a drive failure.

Just now, Spyder1384 said:

If your USB hub does not plug into wall power, then it is not powered. Long term this can cause issues as it would mean that your drives aren't being powered properly by the USB on your X1 alone. While you might get away with plugging in multiple USB Sticks, you won't get away with multiple HDDs unless the HDDs themselves are plugged into wall power. Long term if an external drive is running underpowered it can potentially cause issues with the control board resulting in a drive failure.

Oh, Fantastic, Gonna chew out that Best Buy Salesman, that might also explain why my SSD doesent seem to want to work

Just now, Cole5 said:

Oh, Fantastic, Gonna chew out that Best Buy Salesman, that might also explain why my SSD doesent seem to want to work

You might try plugging it into a computer to verify if the drive is good or bad. Not saying that this is necessarily the case but it can be a likely cause. I'd be sure to test the drives individually by connecting them to a PC or Laptop and seeing if they show up alright there. If they do then you may want to run some tests on them just to be sure. So long as your connecting them to a Windows based computer and the drive is still working, it should be able to recognize the drive and its contents. I believe contents will show up even if the drive was formatted for xbox only use so long as it's Windows 10. But don't quote me on that. Worst case is that windows will recognize and install the drive and you should be able to see it under Disk Management and verify that it's not only seeing the drive but usable disk space as well, even if the drive isn't showing up as formatted. Example: A 128GB drive will typically show as roughly 119.2GB total available space in windows.

1 minute ago, Spyder1384 said:

You might try plugging it into a computer to verify if the drive is good or bad. Not saying that this is necessarily the case but it can be a likely cause. I'd be sure to test the drives individually by connecting them to a PC or Laptop and seeing if they show up alright there. If they do then you may want to run some tests on them just to be sure. So long as your connecting them to a Windows based computer and the drive is still working, it should be able to recognize the drive and its contents. I believe contents will show up even if the drive was formatted for xbox only use so long as it's Windows 10. But don't quote me on that. Worst case is that windows will recognize and install the drive and you should be able to see it under Disk Management and verify that it's not only seeing the drive but usable disk space as well, even if the drive isn't showing up as formatted. Example: A 128GB drive will typically show as roughly 119.2GB total available space in windows.

I;'ll give that a check, the  HHD's seem to work fine aside from the xbox taking a while to recognize them

6 minutes ago, Spyder1384 said:

The SSD is good, so the issue is apperantly my XBox

3 minutes ago, Cole5 said:

I;'ll give that a check, the  HHD's seem to work fine aside from the xbox taking a while to recognize them

That's good at least, but I would suggest that you don't use the hub anymore until you replace it with a powered one. Best Buy has one but it's about $50 if i remember right. You can get some better deals online but I'd do some research before purchasing to make sure it's reliable per customer reviews if you want to go that route. I have the one available from Best Buy and it's worked fine for my needs.

1 minute ago, Spyder1384 said:

That's good at least, but I would suggest that you don't use the hub anymore until you replace it with a powered one. Best Buy has one but it's about $50 if i remember right. You can get some better deals online but I'd do some research before purchasing to make sure it's reliable per customer reviews if you want to go that route. I have the one available from Best Buy and it's worked fine for my needs.

Yupp! I Unplugged the hub, now my issue is i cant get it unstuck from my Xbox but thats an issue for later

Yupp! I Unplugged the hub, now my issue is i cant get it unstuck from my Xbox but thats an issue for later

Fair enough. If you have any further questions be sure to let me know and I'll get back to you as quickly as i'm able to.

On 4/5/2018 at 2:54 PM, Spyder1384 said:

Fair enough. If you have any further questions be sure to let me know and I'll get back to you as quickly as i'm able to.

AFter a few days i decided to try the SSD again, and now i have a new issue

If the SSD is plugged in while the 2 HHDs are none are recognized, and i need to unplug and replug in the SSD, for the HHD's but not the SSD to show up. I am so confused

2 hours ago, Cole5 said:

AFter a few days i decided to try the SSD again, and now i have a new issue

If the SSD is plugged in while the 2 HHDs are none are recognized, and i need to unplug and replug in the SSD, for the HHD's but not the SSD to show up. I am so confused

Did some looking after seeing this and located a page that states Xbox One has a limit of not more than 2 external drives not exceeding 16TB between the 2. Try plugging in just 1 HDD and the SSD to see if both are recognized.  Here's the page I pulled the info from https://hddmag.com/xbox-ones-external-hard-drive-limit/

Hope this helps.

9 minutes ago, Spyder1384 said:

Did some looking after seeing this and located a page that states Xbox One has a limit of not more than 2 external drives not exceeding 16TB between the 2. Try plugging in just 1 HDD and the SSD to see if both are recognized.  Here's the page I pulled the info from https://hddmag.com/xbox-ones-external-hard-drive-limit/

Hope this helps.

i DID TRY PLUGGING IN THE ssd AND IT DID NOT RECOGNIZE IT BUT THE p did and i'm absolutely confounded, thank you for the help. 

i DID TRY PLUGGING IN THE ssd AND IT DID NOT RECOGNIZE IT BUT THE p did and i'm absolutely confounded, thank you for the help. 

Does the SSD show up if it's the only external being plugged in?

6 minutes ago, Spyder1384 said:

Does the SSD show up if it's the only external being plugged in?

I Have not tried that yet, will do so when i get home, i'm really wondering why it worked for 2 months before just crapping out 

3 minutes ago, Cole5 said:

I Have not tried that yet, will do so when i get home, i'm really wondering why it worked for 2 months before just crapping out 

As am I. Also, which X1 do you have? and what is the Make/Model of the SSD?