MSI Mystic Light compatible led Strip

Sup casemod fans, i have a question about the MSI Mystic Light compatibility, i have a MSI Z370 Carbon Pro and i wanna put some RGB Led strips behind my desk, but i don't know any good ones that i can control in my MSI Mystic Light app, not with a controller.
I was thinking on the Phantek ones, wich i saw it is compatible on the MysLight compatible list ( https://imgur.com/a/puKsL), in the site it says the mobo have a RGB connection ( https://imgur.com/a/wib1x ), and i was thinking in connect it on this connection and see if works, but idk if it's gonna work, and i don't know wich one to buy, my table is 140cm longer, and i saw a 2 meter one on amazon (  https://www.amazon.com/Phanteks-PH-LEDKT_COMBO-Strip-Combo-Retail/dp/B00M0R3CFQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1522515954&sr=8-1&keywords=phanteks%2Brgb&th=1 ) it's whis compatible with my MOBO? It's just connect on the rgb header and like ''plug and play''? Or i need to buy any other connector to my mobo?

Thank you for the comprehension, sorry for my bad english, im from brazil, and the rgb strips here are bad and expensive, so i've been looking to import one.

Thanks xD

11 minutes ago, YagoHOC said:

-SNIP-

Welcome to the Forums!

Those Phanteks one will require an adapter to connect to the motherboard as they use a keyed connector. Cable mod and others such as Bitfenix also have plug and go options for LED strips. 

https://www.amazon.com/Phanteks-Adapter-Specified-Control-PH-CB_RGB4P/dp/B01BZIBJAK/ref=pd_sbs_147_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01BZIBJAK&pd_rd_r=SXRN7R22RFX1RRZGVNWX&pd_rd_w=sVitY&pd_rd_wg=7ctk4&psc=1&refRID=SXRN7R22RFX1RRZGVNWX

Okay, so i will connect the rgb strip with this adapter on my mobo, stuck then behind my desk, and then i can sync them via the Mystic Light software with my Memories, rgb fans and mobo rgb?

And which rgb strip from Bitfenix is good for me? it's better than the Phanteks ones?

Thx

Just now, YagoHOC said:

Okay, so i will connect the rgb strip with this adapter on my mobo, stuck then behind my desk, and then i can sync them via the Mystic Light software with my Memories, rgb fans and mobo rgb?

And which rgb strip from Bitfenix is good for me? it's better than the Phanteks ones?

Thx

Yep you will go from the motherboard to the adapter cable to the LED strips for the Phanteks unit. The RGB strips will all be very similar other than the density of LEDs which the Phanteks has more per inch. Just note the amperage of your RGB header so you don't overload it. 

Okay so, resuming, i just plug the adapter on the mobo rgb header, plug the rgb strip on the adapter and glue them on my desk, turn on the pc than the msi software will recognize them as a full Rgb strip or it's gonna be like 8 colors only?

3 minutes ago, YagoHOC said:

Okay so, resuming, i just plug the adapter on the mobo rgb header, plug the rgb strip on the adapter and glue them on my desk, turn on the pc than the msi software will recognize them as a full Rgb strip or it's gonna be like 8 colors only?

That depends on the software and what it's capabilities are, the RGB strips itself can make any color possible.  

Ok man, thx, you helped me a lot, i've posted this in like 4 facebook groups and on reddit and no-one has answered me, i think it's gonna work, because on the compatible list it says it is xd.

Thx man, good luck on your pc master race mods xd.

Btw, can i use this topic to ask you another question? It's about the corsair hd120 fans and it's compatibilty

My mobo (Msi z370 gaming pro carbon) have a corsair rgb header:

MSI Z370 motherboards also come with dedicated RGB LED strip pin headers for easy installation of RGB LED strips and control through Mystic Light. The RAINBOW pin header even allows for separate color control of each LED inside a strip. MSI is also closely working with Corsair to support their RGB solutions. That’s why on Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON and Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON we’ve added a JCORSAIR1 pin header to allow you to simply connect Corsair FANs or other RGB components like AIO coolers with RGB and control/sync colors using the Mystic Light application.

This text i've picked up from it's site

It means that i don't need the corsair rgb controller to control my corsair hd120 fans? i would like to have two of them, i need to buy a corsair rgb controller or no?

• 1 year later...