So I just found out there are two 'movie maker' apps now

Bhav

Theres 'Microsoft Movie Maker' on the windows app store, and the older traditional style 'Windows Move Maker' that takes loads of digging on google to find.

The former doesnt even recognise my gaming recordings made with afterburner and cant / wont open or run at all because of that. Its a dire POS.

I managed to find the older one where you just open the program and drag your recording in and then compress it to a lower movie format. Why are newer apps always so much worse?

Linus is my fetish.

because they want you to purchase editing software.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Because microsoft has a lot of other things to fix before they fix moviemaker

If you want a good propper editor get davinci resolve. If ye want to stick clips together dont bother downloading it and stick with the old moviemaker

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

Theres 'Microsoft Movie Maker' on the windows app store, and the older traditional style 'Windows Move Maker' that takes loads of digging on google to find.

The former doesnt even recognise my gaming recordings made with afterburner and cant / wont open or run at all because of that. Its a dire POS.

I managed to find the older one where you just open the program and drag your recording in and then compress it to a lower movie format. Why are newer apps always so much worse?

Movie Maker in the Store? I think you mean the Photo app. As it is the only one where you can edit movies, by Microsoft, for Windows 10.

It is in the Photo app, as this is what it aims to be, as always: a small editor for doing small videos of family moments, with pictures and video clips. It assembles that, puts music, clip here and there, put text here and there, and that is about all you can do, pretty much. It doesn't aim, and never will aim to be a competitor to Final Cut Pro or Adobe After Effects, or something.

57 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Movie Maker in the Store? I think you mean the Photo app. As it is the only one where you can edit movies, by Microsoft, for Windows 10.

It is in the Photo app, as this is what it aims to be, as always: a small editor for doing small videos of family moments, with pictures and video clips. It assembles that, puts music, clip here and there, put text here and there, and that is about all you can do, pretty much. It doesn't aim, and never will aim to be a competitor to Final Cut Pro or Adobe After Effects, or something.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/movie-maker-free/9mvfq4lmz6c9?silentauth=1&wa=wsignin1.0

Its crap though, the discontinued one is much better.

Linus is my fetish.

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

That is not MS app. It's made by "V3TApps"

Oh.

Linus is my fetish.