First Android Go phone officially available in the USA

Lajamerr_Mittesdine
55 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Try AOSP rom with custom kernal and underclock... on a Zenfone 3 Zoom

sadly my s8 is still in warranty but I did this with my G3, batter life was great but camera sucked :( in a years time though it's happening, 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

On 3/31/2018 at 11:34 AM, paddy-stone said:

Don't see the point in this, you can get a few phones with much better spec for like $30 extra or so - 1080p/3GB ram/octa-core/snapdragon 625 etc

The spec for the money isn't great TBH... the only thing that might sell this phone is that it has the stripped down Oreo OS, but IMO a still updated Nougat OS should be good enough... my Xiaomi redmi note 4 is still getting updates and only cost £110 when I bought it, and IIRC you can now get the 64GB version, possibly even 4GB ram for around the same price.. will check, but they have newer phones with better spec for that little bit more too.

[edit] $159  https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_604985.html?wid=4

I forgot the exchange rate being what it is right now... but anyway, have seen it as low as £99 or so IIRC, so that is a beast of a phone for that money.

i was about to write the same. complete waste of money. It may seem like a cheap phone but in comparison it's a very expensive phone in the price/performance comparison with many other phones out there. 1Gb and 480*854 :o