New build coming soon, hopefully :)

Damamapi

Hello guys. Following the "Build Plan Thread Recommendations", here it is.

1.I'm from Colombia, down here in South America. I'm planing on buying a new pc sometime soon (hopefully before july) and I've been doing some research about it. My budget is around $US 700 and I could make an effort and add an extra $200 or something like that. 

2. Mainly, I want to game at 1080p 60fps, though it may also be used for some light video editing. I've done a couple of projects in Blender (potato speed) before, but only as a hobby.
3. For now and for a long time I'll be using a single 1080p 60hz monitor. College student budget :)
4. I would like to get a mech keyboard because I've never had one :c.
5. Right now I have a laptop with a Core i5 6200U, with 8gb of ram, and I've been "gaming" on its Intel HD 520. Terraria, LoL, Don't Starve and some other games run ok, but I want to play Dark Souls III and The Witcher 3, and those are completely out of that "gpu" capacity. 

As much as I would love to build my own pc from scratch, I've listed the parts I need and compared building it myself and buying it built and the former is about $100 more expensive than the already built one. My ideal build would be a Ryzen 5 1400 paired with a GTX 1060 3gb, which according to my "research" is more than enough for 1080p 60fps gaming and will continue to be so for a long time. I think 8gb ddr4 2666mhz ram would be fine but I'm not sure if I should get 2x4gb or get a single stick of 8gb and later get another $150 to buy 8gb more. I also want to get an ssd, and though it would be really sad to be forced to get an HDD instead, what must be done shall be done. I think the Asrock AB350M hdv mobo would be ok. About the case, I don't really care but it would be nice to be able to have a couple of fans at the front to prevent overheating if I ever need to force my system, and I don't really know what psu is needed here. Just browsing mercadolibre.com.co and adding some prices I get a total of $cop 2'900.000, around 1050 dollars. I definitely don't have that amount of money and I know I have to downgrade my pc to fit my budget somehow. Any ideas? Thanks in advance ^^.

Welcome!

I got a Ryzen 5 1400 + GTX1050Ti + 16GB Ram on Dual channel. It runs Tomb Raider, WatchDogs, Cities Skylines, Fallout 3/4 at around 60-80 fps on ultra. I think it is a decent rig for what I paid for the GTX1050Ti. 1060s will be either too hard to find or too expensive.

Por cierto, soy de México, por si necesitas algo más de info, pregunta.

16 minutes ago, Damamapi said:

You're probably going to end up with a Ryzen 5 2400G system, just get an ASrock Pro 4 minimum, and the fastest > cheapest RAM you can find.

If GPU prices are more normal by then(doubtful) you'll have to make another thread, not much point in planning anything now.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Thanks for the answer, guys. Two questions:

• What PSU should I use in a ryzen 3 1300x gtx 1050/1050ti build? Leaving some space to upgrade later to ryzen 5 / gtx 1060
  • Is it better to get 1x8gb ram and buy another 1x8gb later or just 2x4gb right away?

On 31/3/2018 at 2:13 AM, Damamapi said:

Thanks for the answer, guys. Two questions:

• What PSU should I use in a ryzen 3 1300x gtx 1050/1050ti build? Leaving some space to upgrade later to ryzen 5 / gtx 1060
  • Is it better to get 1x8gb ram and buy another 1x8gb later or just 2x4gb right away?

I have an EVGA 500w, but even 400w is enough for a 1050ti. My build draws about 200w when gaming, and the 1050ti does not require an extra power connector, which is good. I think 1060s do, so consider than then building. 

I'd get 2x4gb to get dual channel, but 1 8 gig stick should do.