Xbox One s Controller for Windows 7

Razwan22

I think just by plugging the micro-usb into the computer it should work I did that on Windows 8 and 10 and it worked fine it installed all drivers itself.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Are you sure it is available for the controller from my link as well?

2 hours ago, Razwan22 said:

Are you sure it is available for the controller from my link as well?

It says on the support page that was linked:

Windows 8.1 and Windows 7

When you connect an Xbox Wireless Controller to your Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 PC with a micro-USB cable, Windows will automatically download and install the drivers for the controller. If Windows is not set to automatically download device software, you can check for updates through Device Manager.

Update drivers through Device Manager

Here’s how to check for updates manually in the Device Manager:

1. Point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then select Search.
  2. Enter Device Manager in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    Note Windows may ask you for an administrator password or to confirm your choice.
  3. Locate and expand Microsoft Xbox One Controller.
  4. Right-click the expanded Microsoft Xbox One Controller and select Update Driver Software.
  5. Select Search Automatically for Updated Software.

With Xbox Wireless or USB connections, you can connect 4 Xbox Wireless Controllers at the same time. You won’t get audio through the controller so there’s no need to connect a headset. Bluetooth connections are not supported.

^ That method also works for older controllers and other controllers using adapters. Like old Guitar Hero X360 controllers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 months later...

Well it is not working for me, seems that Windows 7 can't automatically find the driver and I cant find it on the web, Worth mention this is for the Xbox One S controller only if you have an Xbox One Controller you might face the same problem but I found the driver in the link I'm leaving, but this won't work with the S' version with Bluetooth that I have.