ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB

Team T-Force DARK 16g ram 2x8 DDR4 3000MHz

Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Quad-Core Processor Socket LGA 1151, 4.2GHz

Corsair H100i v2

Corsair RM750x 750w 80PLUS GOLD

Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500g

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD

Seagate Barracuda 4TB HDD

I have tried basically everything from reinstalling windows to taking the computer into Canada Computers to run a diagnostic and there is still the issue of the reoccurring BSOD. This was my first build and I don't have extra parts to use to test hardware. Canada Computers said there is nothing wrong and that's complete bull. I am not that versed in troubleshooting issues and I really want to get this resolved because there is always a chance of a crash when I'm doing school work or playing games. 

Hardware.jpg

BSOD 1.jpg

BSOD 2.jpg

8 hours ago, jubar247 said:

Parts:

Windows 10 64 bit (purchased license)

ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E GAMING Socket 1151

ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB

Team T-Force DARK 16g ram 2x8 DDR4 3000MHz

Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Quad-Core Processor Socket LGA 1151, 4.2GHz

Corsair H100i v2

Corsair RM750x 750w 80PLUS GOLD

Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500g

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD

Seagate Barracuda 4TB HDD

I have tried basically everything from reinstalling windows to taking the computer into Canada Computers to run a diagnostic and there is still the issue of the reoccurring BSOD. This was my first build and I don't have extra parts to use to test hardware. Canada Computers said there is nothing wrong and that's complete bull. I am not that versed in troubleshooting issues and I really want to get this resolved because there is always a chance of a crash when I'm doing school work or playing games. 

Hardware.jpg

BSOD 1.jpg

BSOD 2.jpg

-Try updating individual drivers.

-Disable any overclocks you may have on the go.

-Create a memtest86 flash drive and boot to it, then let that run for like 6-8 hours or longer. If there are any red warnings, you have a problem with your ram.  https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

On 3/29/2018 at 10:23 AM, stateofpsychosis said:

-Try updating individual drivers.

-Disable any overclocks you may have on the go.

-Create a memtest86 flash drive and boot to it, then let that run for like 6-8 hours or longer. If there are any red warnings, you have a problem with your ram.  https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

Sorry for taking so long to reply but this is it after a couple minutes. I will update you after 8 hours or so. 

PC MemTest 10 min.jpg

11 hours ago, jubar247 said:

Sorry for taking so long to reply but this is it after a couple minutes. I will update you after 8 hours or so. 

PC MemTest 10 min.jpg

Your test already failed. No need to keep going with it.

If you get even a single error in memtest86, you failed the test and need to work on your overclock.

You probably just need to loosen the timings a little bit for the ram.

10 hours ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Your test already failed. No need to keep going with it.

If you get even a single error in memtest86, you failed the test and need to work on your overclock.

You probably just need to loosen the timings a little bit for the ram.

What do you mean by timings? I also uploaded the test after running it for 11 hours. 

E94A7AD6-7E3E-47A2-BA06-6E7C99E7AE84.jpeg

53156746-EFB5-44AA-B917-16631CF164A0.jpeg

E52461C4-A8B0-46B9-87E1-A1F1F0661EDD.jpeg

14 hours ago, jubar247 said:

What do you mean by timings? I also uploaded the test after running it for 11 hours. 

E94A7AD6-7E3E-47A2-BA06-6E7C99E7AE84.jpeg

53156746-EFB5-44AA-B917-16631CF164A0.jpeg

E52461C4-A8B0-46B9-87E1-A1F1F0661EDD.jpeg

That ram is super unstable. Like, really bad.

You shouldn't get even a single error.

Actually, I shouldn't assume you're overclocking.

If you're not overclocking the ram at all, then I would RMA that ram and get a replacement kit because it should not be failing to pass memtest86 at XMP profile settings if your ram is rated for that speed. If you just raised the speed of the ram in your bios instead of just enabling the XMP profile, then that's your issue. You need to reset to defaults and just look for the XMP profile setting and enable it. Then test again. 

On timings.. It wouldn't be enough for me to just give you a quick explanation on it especially since I'm still on DDR3 and DDR4's timings should be dealt with differently, but you have to mess with the first 4 numbers under the timings section for your ram in your motherboard bios. For my DDR3 ram, I start out raising the 1st and 3rd number, if I'm still unstable, I raise the 2nd number, repeat.  Each time I have to calculate the 4th number by adding the first 3 up and subtracting by 1.  I'm not sure what the rule is for the 4th number with DDR4. Definitely watch some videos on that if you ever want to do a manual ram overclock.

On 4/3/2018 at 8:03 AM, stateofpsychosis said:

That ram is super unstable. Like, really bad.

You shouldn't get even a single error.

Actually, I shouldn't assume you're overclocking.

If you're not overclocking the ram at all, then I would RMA that ram and get a replacement kit because it should not be failing to pass memtest86 at XMP profile settings if your ram is rated for that speed. If you just raised the speed of the ram in your bios instead of just enabling the XMP profile, then that's your issue. You need to reset to defaults and just look for the XMP profile setting and enable it. Then test again. 

On timings.. It wouldn't be enough for me to just give you a quick explanation on it especially since I'm still on DDR3 and DDR4's timings should be dealt with differently, but you have to mess with the first 4 numbers under the timings section for your ram in your motherboard bios. For my DDR3 ram, I start out raising the 1st and 3rd number, if I'm still unstable, I raise the 2nd number, repeat.  Each time I have to calculate the 4th number by adding the first 3 up and subtracting by 1.  I'm not sure what the rule is for the 4th number with DDR4. Definitely watch some videos on that if you ever want to do a manual ram overclock.

I didn't mess with the timings but I bumped up the voltage form 1.35 to 1.5 and the next memtest was free from errors. Just overclocked it a bit to see how much I can push it, I got it pretty high but on test 9 there were a couple errors but now I'm down to just over 3000 and running my final test but everything is looking a hell of a lot better after bumping the voltage. Thank you for your help!! I'll post again if its not all clear but it looks like its going to be all good!

15 hours ago, jubar247 said:

I didn't mess with the timings but I bumped up the voltage form 1.35 to 1.5 and the next memtest was free from errors. Just overclocked it a bit to see how much I can push it, I got it pretty high but on test 9 there were a couple errors but now I'm down to just over 3000 and running my final test but everything is looking a hell of a lot better after bumping the voltage. Thank you for your help!! I'll post again if its not all clear but it looks like its going to be all good!

Wow, 1.5 is like the absolute max for ram voltage with DDR4 if I remember correctly. You might not want to be pushing that much voltage into it. It doesn't seem worth it to me. I'd pull it back a bit myself.

At least check your temps with something like Aida64 to make sure your CPU temps are out of whack now as ram voltage effects your CPU temps.

On 4/5/2018 at 7:47 AM, stateofpsychosis said:

Wow, 1.5 is like the absolute max for ram voltage with DDR4 if I remember correctly. You might not want to be pushing that much voltage into it. It doesn't seem worth it to me. I'd pull it back a bit myself.

At least check your temps with something like Aida64 to make sure your CPU temps are out of whack now as ram voltage effects your CPU temps.

What would be a good voltage? I know that at base voltage it has errors, not sure what the best option is. 

11 hours ago, jubar247 said:

What would be a good voltage? I know that at base voltage it has errors, not sure what the best option is. 

If it's unstable at anything lower, then it may be a no go to run it at 3000mhz.

You could however learn a little bit about DDR4 timings and loosen those to get stability at a lower voltage of say.. 1.4-1.45v or something.

I'm not on DDR4 yet so I can't comment on the exact process, but for DDR3 I loosen the 1st and 2nd digit first, if that doesn't work I loosen (increase) the 2nd digit, each time I add up the first 3 digits and subtract by 1 to get the 4th digit. That's the rule of thumb for DDR3. You'd have to ask around or look up the process for DDR4 timings.