WD Black² Hybrid SSHD Drive - plz many qutions.

ItzikCPU

Hi guys,

I see the movie of linus about WD ssd&HDD both.(

WD Black² Hybrid SSHD Drive)

i want ask many qutions.

This the movie  :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nXaF46xtVU

1.Why in this WD storage we need USB ? it's driver? or i need stay the USB always that the HDD-SSD work in my PC?

2.Linus say's that this product will be not fast very much..because what ? because is HDD&SSD together?

3.And i see in the end of movie the linus olding / take the USB and somthing more...this the connaction bitween HDD-SSD to the MOBO?

Ty for all.

CPU: Intel Core I7 4770 3.5GHz(3.9 T) 8MB cache Mainboard: Gigabyte H87-D3H Ultra Durable™Cpu Cooler: Scythe Mugen 3 rev .b. RAM: Corsair XMS3 (4X2) 8GB 1600MHz CL9 GPU:GigabyteGTX 780Ti (OC) 3GB Windforce X3 cooler PSU: FSP Aurum 750W Gold 80 Plus Modular Case: Corsair 500R (White) & 6 Fans white led Monitor: Dell 23" UltraSharp LED IPS HDD + SSD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 2TB & SSD SAMSUNG 120GB EVO

wow linus makes movies now i never knew that.

ok im having a hard time understanding what u are asking so im going try my best here.

1. u dont need usb for it to work in your pc u just plug into sata like a normal hdd

2. its 2 drives but in one cage so the ssd will perform as fast as a normal ssd would and the hdd will perform like a normal hdd

3.at the end that is a sata to usb if u want to plug the drive in to migrate data from your existing hdd in your computer this is not a permanent solution u should mount it inside your case and plug it in with normal sata into your motherboard.

The USB is for installing the driver for the drive and you only plug it in one time to install the software.

1. u dont need usb for it to work in your pc u just plug into sata like a normal hdd

the usb thing is drivers to get access to the hdd, because it's not accessible without them. 

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

wow linus makes movies now i never knew that.

ok im having a hard time understanding what u are asking so im going try my best here.

2. its 2 drives but in one cage so the ssd will perform as fast as a normal ssd would and the hdd will perform like a normal hdd

3.at the end that is a sata to usb if u want to plug the drive in to migrate data from your existing hdd in your computer this is not a permanent solution u should mount it inside your case and plug it in with normal sata into your motherboard.

1.So why he is get a USB charger? :S

2.If i have SSD alone it's fast and if i have HDD alone it's fast, right? if it together it's slowly, Right?

3.I not understand...Can i plugin the SSHD To USB or SATA?

CPU: Intel Core I7 4770 3.5GHz(3.9 T) 8MB cache Mainboard: Gigabyte H87-D3H Ultra Durable™Cpu Cooler: Scythe Mugen 3 rev .b. RAM: Corsair XMS3 (4X2) 8GB 1600MHz CL9 GPU:GigabyteGTX 780Ti (OC) 3GB Windforce X3 cooler PSU: FSP Aurum 750W Gold 80 Plus Modular Case: Corsair 500R (White) & 6 Fans white led Monitor: Dell 23" UltraSharp LED IPS HDD + SSD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 2TB & SSD SAMSUNG 120GB EVO

I am assuming you do not speak english so Ill just keep it short.

The WD is two separate drives but in only one container with one sata/power connector. Each drive will perform at it's own pace and that is all.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

2.If i have SSD alone it's fast and if i have HDD alone it's fast, right? if it together it's slowly, Right?

1. It is not a charger, the USB is just for the driver so he can use both the Solid state and the Hard disk components of the drive.

2. They are not in RAID, SSD goes fast HDD goes slow

3. SATA.

the usb thing is drivers to get access to the hdd, because it's not accessible without them. 

right i forgot about that thing i was concentrating on trying to understand him and not thinking lol

1.that usb at the start is for drivers u plug it once then u are good like @Deddie said

2.a ssd alone is fast yes and a hdd alone is slow if there together (only for the specific product) its the exact same the ssd will be fast and the hdd will be slow its just like if u got a ssd alone and a hdd alone except they have put it in the same case to save space.

3. u can plug the drive into usb or sata but the usb should only be used temporarily.

the western digital black is not a sshd its not like the seagate momentous xt its simply just a hdd and an ssd together (they dont work together) on your pc it will show up as 2 seperate drives

So i ask thet in the one of topic! :S 

The USB flash is pluin one to install driver of SSHD?

1. It is not a charger, the USB is just for the driver so he can use both the Solid state and the Hard disk components of the drive.

2. They are not in RAID, SSD goes fast HDD goes slow

3. SATA.

2.So ther comes together but all one in imself?

Think of it like an SSD and a HDD that connect with one cable.

1.The USB thing is the drivers. (Instead of a CD, it is a thumb drive)

2.The SSD is not very fast by nature and the HDD is a 5400 RPM version, so it cannot hold a candle to a 7200 RPM one.

3. That is a USB to SATA adapter. That is used to connect the drive to a laptop that does not have 2 SATA ports.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

So i ask thet in the one of topic! :S 

The USB flash is pluin one to install driver of SSHD?

It is both a SSD and HDD connected by a single SATA connector.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Think of it like an SSD and a HDD that connect with one cable.

It is both a SSD and HDD connected by a single SATA connector.

Yes i understand this! this is HDD&SSD in one STORAGE...