Asus x299 Prime-A Build Won't Post [Help]

Go to solution Solved by Brett_Bst,

take out all but one ram stick and take out the GPU then test connections are seated on all the connections and try power on with just the CPU and 1 ram stick then see what happens

Hey everyone, so i'm having issues with my current x299 build and i'm not sure whats the problem. At the moment im testing out all of the hardware to make sure everything works before putting it on my pc case. Everytime I turn on the power supply and hit the motherboard on button the AIO fan would move .1 inches before stopping along with making a ting noise. The lights on the motherboard would stay on but besides that it doesn't post at all. I posted a video showing my build and my current issue. Here is all of the build specs.

Build specs:

-Power Supply: Corsair AX860

-Graphic Card: EVGA 780

-Motherboard: Asus X299-Prime-A

-RAM: G.skill Trident Z 32gb DDR4 3600

-SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

-CPU: Intel i9 7900X

-CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x72

Video Source:

Here is a link to the video of my build, In it I break down all of the hardware that I'm using for this build along with all of the connections I made so far. If you can help me in any way people leave a comment down below!

Take out all but one stick and put 1 in on a1

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

take out all but one ram stick and take out the GPU then test connections are seated on all the connections and try power on with just the CPU and 1 ram stick then see what happens

I7 7700K @5.0ghz, Asus Z270-P, Corsair H115i, hyperX 16gb, Asus duel 1070, Nzxt H440

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZTsYD8

11 hours ago, Brett_Bst said:

I did that and my build turned on! After that I started to slowly add all of my ram sticks back but I didn't put in the GPU. Turns out the gpu was the main issue on why it didn't boot. My GPU started to smell like smoke was coming out of it and it died unfortunately. Soon after I took it off put in my brother GPU and it worked like a charm! So i'm off to buy a temporary GPU until I can get my hands on the new Volta GPU soon! Thanks for the help!  

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 1:21 PM, Arnald23 said:

I did that and my build turned on! After that I started to slowly add all of my ram sticks back but I didn't put in the GPU. Turns out the gpu was the main issue on why it didn't boot. My GPU started to smell like smoke was coming out of it and it died unfortunately. Soon after I took it off put in my brother GPU and it worked like a charm! So i'm off to buy a temporary GPU until I can get my hands on the new Volta GPU soon! Thanks for the help!  

cool at least you found the issue :D

I7 7700K @5.0ghz, Asus Z270-P, Corsair H115i, hyperX 16gb, Asus duel 1070, Nzxt H440

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZTsYD8