Afterburner Log in MS Access

Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
4 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I'm very familiar with Access, and need to do filtering by time stamps. I could use Excel, but didn't know it'd let me parse the info. I sems to only want to put everything into a single column, and that isn't useful at all.

I'll look into those two programs as well. Thanks.

Ok, I was at work earlier and was operating from memory. I thought Afterburner saves as csv or txt as good software should. Now, after downloading it to my laptop I see its html. Not issue still to open it in Excel and converting it to comma delimited file (csv). Just open all files and Excel will give wizard to convert file to table. You can select delimiter, like comma and get it all settled. With each row having ID and you being able to add custom columns if you need ID per session, hour, day etc. Then save as csv (Excel default is ;, but you can change that from settings). Access will be happy with semicolon when importing text files.

HWiNFO and OCCT use csv or txt. OCCT actually gives pre-made graphs as png after you run stress test.

So, I'm working on a project, and felt the easiest way to gather system information was to use Afterburner. After all, it does have everything I need. I've saved it as a text document so I can import it into MS Access... It's a pain in the butt, because I have to mark the start of every column... Is there a publicly available MS Access table or some other easier way of accessing this information so I can make some performance graphics? I've read that Riva can do it (haven't figured out how), and see that I can open it in Afterburner and look at the awesome line graphs, but that isn't exactly what I need. Any insight would be freaking amazing!

Why would you use database software for that? And you can use Excel to format file before importing it as csv to Access. RivaTuner is statistics service mainly used for OSD. I don't use it myself. If I need to log detailed system info, I use OCCT or HWiNFO64.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Why would you use database software for that? And you can use Excel to format file before importing it as csv to Access. RivaTuner is statistics service mainly used for OSD. I don't use it myself. If I need to log detailed system info, I use OCCT or HWiNFO64.

I'm very familiar with Access, and need to do filtering by time stamps. I could use Excel, but didn't know it'd let me parse the info. I sems to only want to put everything into a single column, and that isn't useful at all.

50 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

AFAIK Afterburner saves in normal comma delimited files. You can use Data -> Data to columns to setup table with any delimiter you like. I can't check how exactly files look like, it's been few years since I've used Afterburner for that purpose.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Ok, I was at work earlier and was operating from memory. I thought Afterburner saves as csv or txt as good software should. Now, after downloading it to my laptop I see its html. Not issue still to open it in Excel and converting it to comma delimited file (csv). Just open all files and Excel will give wizard to convert file to table. You can select delimiter, like comma and get it all settled. With each row having ID and you being able to add custom columns if you need ID per session, hour, day etc. Then save as csv (Excel default is ;, but you can change that from settings). Access will be happy with semicolon when importing text files.

HWiNFO and OCCT use csv or txt. OCCT actually gives pre-made graphs as png after you run stress test.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Awesome info! Exactly what I've been trying. Makes much more sense now, thank you! Also, congrats on breaking 20k today!