Straight question, Gaming Laptop or Console?

Sacriledgy
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,
7 minutes ago, Its Not Important said:

Thanks! Any idea on roughly how long that Laptop last until i should upgrade? I don't mind turning settings down

At least 5 years if you keep everything running well and clean install every few years.

Looking to buy a new method to play games, just asking for some opinions from the tech gurus around here

FAQ: Why don't i build a PC? Parts are super expensive right now, especially with my country's high tax. I don't see the point of building a PC when i can get the same specs with less money with Console & Gaming Laptops.

Budget: $1000

PS4 Pro/Xbox One X with 4K HDR TV

Or 

Asus GL503VD with i7 7700U & GTX 1060

Which one and why? Thanks so much for your input :)

Ps: How long should these last? Like 3 years max with console & 5 years with Laptop? I mainly plays lighter games like those Battle Royales, lighter fps like R6S and CSGO, maybe some AAA once in a while like Far Cry 5 and definitely upcoming GTA 6.

Have a doubt because I'm already hearing PS5 being released in 2019-2020 

How about just a regular desktop PC so that you're not buying parts and you get better cooling and performance than a laptop?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Gaming laptop because all games are free when cracked

My PC Currently Is The P2-1320a.

Just now, Enderman said:

How about just a regular desktop PC so that you're not buying parts and you get better cooling and performance than a laptop?

2 minutes ago, Its Not Important said:

FAQ: Why don't i build a PC? Parts are super expensive right now, especially with my country's high tax. I don't see the point of building a PC when i can get the same specs with less money with Console & Gaming Laptops.

I also will be going around quite often

1 minute ago, ItsJoshuaS said:

Gaming laptop because all games are free when cracked

Yarrrrr matey :)

Just now, Its Not Important said:

I also will be going around quite often

K then just get a laptop.

Clean install windows when you get it though to get rid of any preinstalled crap.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

completely depends on what you think you will get more out of. console is a console. gaming laptop is still a regular computer to.

do you have friends that you want to play games with? what do they play on

game on couch and tv? or desk? (i would not recommend using a gaming laptop on your lap)

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

K then just get a laptop.

Clean install windows when you get it though to get rid of any preinstalled crap.

Thanks! Any idea on roughly how long that Laptop last until i should upgrade? I don't mind turning settings down

4 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

Do you have friends that you want to play games with? what do they play on

game on couch and tv? or desk? (i would not recommend using a gaming laptop on your lap)

They are mainly on PC, playing aforementioned battle royale games

Eeh, mostly desk. I did tried to play on my lap though, by balls got toasted

7 minutes ago, Its Not Important said:

At least 5 years if you keep everything running well and clean install every few years.

Edited by Enderman

Spoiler

For me, the most fun I have playing video games is when I'm with my friends. So I would personally choose whichever platform you have more friends on.

Just now, Enderman said:

Nice! Thanks again 

Just now, BecauseRussia said:

For me, the most fun I have playing video games is when I'm with my friends. So I would personally choose whichever platform you have more friends on.

Got it! My friends are on PCs

I'd rather have an ultrabook and a PS4 than a gaming laptop.

gaming laptops are bulky, expensive and have shorter battery lives.  and if the gpu in it becomes outdated, the whole laptop is outdated

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage