M.2 SSD for Acer Aspire E15

bantamspy

I’ve been looking at getting an Acer Aspire E15 ($349) laptop for my mom since her old 2011 iMac finally died. The specs should be perfectly fine for her day to day web browsing and word processing but a 5400 RPM 1TB drive will mean slow boot times, something that she loathes. I’d like to keep the hard drive that it comes with and add an M.2 SSD to install Windows on it. So my two main questions are:

1. How do I know which M.2 SSD to get? I believe there are different types of M.2 SSDs

2. How do I move Windows 10 from the hard drive to the M.2 SSD once I have the SSD installed? 

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-E5-575-33BM-15-6-Inch-Notebook-Generation/dp/B01K1IO3QW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1521905616&sr=8-2&keywords=acer+aspire+e15       Here is the laptop I’m looking at. 

buy a 2.5" SSD rather than a m.2 SSD.

no point in getting a m.2 ssd for that laptop , and the worst case scenario you are going to have to buy a m.2 to sata adapter and use sata speeds. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Make sure the laptop has a m.2 port and you can just google how to install w10 off a usb then download drivers.

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

no point in getting a m.2 ssd for that laptop , and the worst case scenario you are going to have to buy a m.2 to sata adapter and use sata speeds. 

Haveing a m.2 lets you have a ssd and hdd.

Looks like you want a sata ssd as it has a b key, and sata ssds are b and m key.

Id get something like this.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M3Z46FQ/ref=twister_B00FEDLJ30?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1