IOS or Android

Amazing5249
Just now, Docretier said:

Used both, like android better. iOS is far too restricted for what I like to do

ah ok  because my contract for my phone is about to expire i just wanted to know the preference. 

1 minute ago, FAT32 said:

ah ok  because my contract for my phone is about to expire i just wanted to know the preference. 

What do you intend on using your phone for, it should be based off of what you need.

1 minute ago, Being Delirious said:

For the things I do, I prefer Android. iOS is too locked down.

ok thanks

What do you intend on using your phone for, it should be based off of what you need.

the intentions:

play a few games, discord, call, text ya know the usual everyday use 

Plan on using any emulators for older games like gameboy? If so I would avoid iOS

ok thanks!

Just now, FAT32 said:

ok thanks!

iOS is really restricted, especially with things like that. No emulators on AppStore, there is one you can download from a secure website, but it isn’t reliable since apple is constantly shutting it down and they need to find a new work around. I have no idea of the current status of it.

get whatever suits your use case.

I will say; iOS is usually more secure though if that's a concern. especially over a longer period of time (frequent updates and long support)

though if you attempt to try to get more functionality out of the device (Jailbreaking for instance) you do compromise some of that.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

get whatever suits your use case.

I will say; iOS is usually more secure though if that's a concern. especially over a longer period of time (frequent updates and long support)

though if you attempt to try to get more functionality out of the device (Jailbreaking for instance) you do compromise some of that.

You compromise a majority of that security, i know how to gain access to jail broken devices from my phone. If I can gain access through a phone(which has less capability than a laptop or pc), I’d say that’s very insecure. 

Just now, FAT32 said:

the intentions:

play a few games, discord, call, text ya know the usual everyday use 

If you don't care about customization, get an iPhone. iOS is usually very stable, fast, simple to use, and has a lot of great apps. If you are a tinkerer, then go for Android, it's got awesome options for doing all kinds of cool stuff (try and find a phone that can be rooted tho). 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

17 minutes ago, FAT32 said:

i think in 2018 Both are so vastly good Platforms its hard to say which is better Overall. and for 99% of people its probably not going to matter which you get.

Being this is a tech site we are probably that 1% and some love the more close ened system of Ios for Imessage nothing compares to it. honestly this is someones opinion who hasnt owned a iphone since iphone 5 and still to this day 4 phones later android offers nothing competitive. 

Though the Fact android allows you to control almost every aspect of the OS say there is a Chinese app you really want you can install it even thought its not in the play store.

You can Download files and manage them easily  transfer to computer and more. dont like how Samsung touchwiz is busy or find stock android on pixel boring you can change it to whatever you want. you can alter and change Way more and get it to do that one feature you need for the most part.

They both have positives and negatives but both are excellent. 

Iphones biggest pros to me

Imessage & Upadates

Androids biggest Pros

Control of your own phone

can really set it up exactly how you want it

Hardware Choices is vast compared to one kinda two options

This would be another endless back and forward discussion against eachother LOL.

personally.. I prefer Android because it offers me more than OSX does. I have a friend who switched from Android to Iphone and he regrets it. I've used OSX as a daily for a couple days and I can't seem to understand why people like it so much.

Most people who buy an Iphone already have tons of Apple products at home or don't know much about tech and want an easy to use modern phone. 

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

Just now, dionkoffie said:

This would be another endless back and forward discussion against eachother LOL.

personally.. I prefer Android because it offers me more than OSX does. I have a friend who switched from Android to Iphone and he regrets it. I've used OSX as a daily for a couple days and I can't seem to understand why people like it so much.

Most people who buy an Iphone already have tons of Apple products at home or don't know much about tech and want an easy to use modern phone. 

lol. I'm a junior IT Admin, I use iOS because it's smooth and dependable, and I like the little details like how the keyboard works and stuff. But I also love android for the tinkering potentials, with the right widgets, icon pack, and launcher it can be beautiful, and I can get it to do lots of stuff my iPhone can't. But then I can always pick up my iPhone and have it just work (well, not as much anymore, but that's because I've dropped it so many times the sapphire camera lens is cracked and it's pretty bashed up, not a failing of the phone itself). 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

lol. I'm a junior IT Admin, I use iOS because it's smooth and dependable, and I like the little details like how the keyboard works and stuff. But I also love android for the tinkering potentials, with the right widgets, icon pack, and launcher it can be beautiful, and I can get it to do lots of stuff my iPhone can't. But then I can always pick up my iPhone and have it just work (well, not as much anymore, but that's because I've dropped it so many times the sapphire camera lens is cracked and it's pretty bashed up, not a failing of the phone itself). 

I also think that Iphone is lacking the features that modern android phones have right now. 

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

5 minutes ago, Docretier said:

You compromise a majority of that security, i know how to gain access to jail broken devices from my phone. If I can gain access through a phone(which has less capability than a laptop or pc), I’d say that’s very insecure. 

well if you're talking about SSH, then that's just idiots who need to change their root password to something other than alpine lol

But unfortunately people don't think to do it :/ Always the first thing I do after jailbreaking a device, or uninstalling OpenSSH (but I use it a lot)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

9 minutes ago, Broken software said:

iOS just for iMessage

When I switched to android for a few months when my 6S broke -- iMessage was by far the biggest thing I missed.

Apple really should open source it... or at least sell it on Android.  it's just too good. everyone should have it. I'd happily pay $10 for it lol

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Broken software said:

iOS just for iMessage

I've honestly never understood whats so great about Imessage what is it?

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

1 minute ago, Eduard the weeb said:

I've honestly never understood whats so great about Imessage what is it?

dealing with SMS limitations MMS image and video quality, etc. is just infuriating.

While you can work around it, you have to do work. iMessage makes it super easy -- just send stuff like you send texts and it just.... works?

+ it's super fast. nice.

Spoiler

So if you send a photo through normal SMS it will compress the image to the point where it's in comprehensible 

You can have BOTH. It's called EmotionUI, shipped on Huawei phones. Basically Android with a reskin. Many iOS users who move to Android actually enjoy it quite a lot :)

honestly if you're on a small budget, an android phone will usually best an iphone

in practice it is up to you, but an inexpensive android phone can do very basic tasks with ease if that's what you want

since im more of a power/price kind of guy, i always get android phone since i can make the most of em and they're reliable in both light and heavy task but even the free android phone i used temporarily served well for the light load i gave it