C9 Pro vs S7 vs iPhone 6

Tarun10

So I know the options sound dumb when there is the OnePlus 5T but my dad's company gives you a budget of 25,000 INR for a phone and you can only get an iPhone or Samsung smartphone. 65 INR is almost 1 USD.

So these are the only three within our budget as my dad doesn't use his phone much he doesn't want to pay much over the 25K the company is providing.

The Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro is available for 26000-27000 here on the company's website(only that allowed)

The Samsung Galaxy S7 is available for 28000 and the iPhone 6 is available for 30000.

My dad doesn't do much demanding work just phone calls, emails, WhatsApp and a few other apps.

I know that these are of different sizes and the iPhone's screen is just 720p but I can expect no bloatware and the latest updates to iOS 11 but I want to know which has the most futureproofing???

Performance doesn't matter and 32GB of storage is sufficient. Battery life is crucial and also Quick Charging Time. A decent Camera would be great but he could compromise on it.

Also can I expect Android 8.0 update for the Samsungs??? 

5 hours ago, huilun02 said:

In practical hardware terms, the most 'futureproof' one is the C9 Pro, because it has a generous 4000mAh battery and lower power consumption SD653 chipset. Its nothing to scoff at in terms of performance either, being marginally ahead of the old flagship SD800 but without any overheating or throttling issues that have plagued every flagship before the SD835. Its a beautiful thin phablet that isn't as prone to shattering because it doesn't have a glass back. The OLED screen is 1080p across 6", reducing power consumption and improves graphics performance. With the big screen its also better for watching videos, playing games and easy reading without having to look closely at the phone. So yes you won't have to charge it as often as the S7, and it will serve better in the long term being less fragile and the higher capacity battery will hold a better charge after ageing.

Having Oreo is not a big deal. You're not going to miss out on any apps for being on Nougat. If push comes to shove you can always install a custom rom from XDA to get the latest Android version and security updates. You can check here to know if your phone is going to get Oreo.

Thanks a lot that solved my problem. Anyway I checked and the C9 Pro does get Oreo and even Android P updates when it comes out. Besides I live in India so the S7 comes with an Exynos 8890 but performance doesn't matter.