So I need a little help fixing my brothers computer...

IzMike

So my brother can talk to people on Skype and play LoL perfectly fine. but when he opens Google chrome it wont even load google.ca. I have switched the cat5 cable he was using, used Google public servers for a DNS and uninstalled chrome and re installed it. Same thing happens on IE and firefox. It also says "Resolving Host" in the bottom left corner of chrome when loading a website. You guys got any suggestions? And i am not sure if this is the right part of forum to post this but is the closest thing I can find. And its on Win7 if that matters.

Motherboard- P8Z77V-LK CPU- i5 3570K @4.3 RAM- 8gb of Corsair Vengence GPU- MSI 660ti Power Edition PSU- CX750M SSD- Samsung 840t HDD- 1tb of WD Black Case- Modded Bitfenix Shinobi Cooling- H80i and Bitfenix Spectre fans and Bitfenix LED fans

Try this:

1. Click the Chrome menu  on the browser toolbar.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Show advanced settings.
  4. In the "Network" section, click Change proxy settings. This will open the Internet Properties dialog.
  5. Click LAN settings .
  6. Deselect the "Automatically detect settings" checkbox.

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

Try this:

1. Click the Chrome menu  on the browser toolbar.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Show advanced settings.
  4. In the "Network" section, click Change proxy settings. This will open the Internet Properties dialog.
  5. Click LAN settings .
  6. Deselect the "Automatically detect settings" checkbox.

Tried that in the past but it didnt change anything... but thanks though

Motherboard- P8Z77V-LK CPU- i5 3570K @4.3 RAM- 8gb of Corsair Vengence GPU- MSI 660ti Power Edition PSU- CX750M SSD- Samsung 840t HDD- 1tb of WD Black Case- Modded Bitfenix Shinobi Cooling- H80i and Bitfenix Spectre fans and Bitfenix LED fans

Check your hosts file?

Whats that?

Whats that?

The first reference point in DNS resolution stored in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Check the file to see if there are any additional entries.

So it's taking forever to resolve domain names, so your latency to the DNS server is far too high. You should be using your ISPs DNS servers really. I'm guessing all websites are affected?