DX11 Feature 10.0 required on a UHD630

I'm having troubles with my computer I have a i7 8700k cpu but do not have a gpu, Every time I want to open a steam game I get the message of DX11 feature 10.0 is required to rn the game. Is there any way for me to fix this?

Buy a GPU. You have an integrated Intel GPU that doesn't support the feature your game requires. If you want to play that game you need to buy a GPU that supports your game.

Strange, could be that it doesn't support that feature level, or it might also just be a driver issue. Update your graphics drivers and try again. Also make sure that Windows is fully up-to-date.

I have played many games on my system using the integrated graphics while I was waiting for my dedicated GPU to arrive. It worked perfectly fine although slowly with all my games, so I think it may be a driver issue.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

As an aside, Intel UHD 630 graphics are DirectX 12 compatible at FL 12_1. Meaning hardware wise it's fine.

28 minutes ago, NABZOG said:

I'm having troubles with my computer I have a i7 8700k cpu but do not have a gpu, Every time I want to open a steam game I get the message of DX11 feature 10.0 is required to rn the game. Is there any way for me to fix this?

You may need to install the latest DirectX run-time: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

5 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

As an aside, Intel UHD 630 graphics are DirectX 12 compatible at FL 12_1. Meaning hardware wise it's fine.

You may need to install the latest DirectX run-time: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Don't games automatically install direct x runtimes for you? The GPU saying DX 12 support doesn't mean it fully supports every feature or previous revisions. 

Updating your drivers and making sure the runtimes are all up to date is at least worth a shot.

6 minutes ago, sanosuke001 said:

Don't games automatically install direct x runtimes for you?

Not always.

The GPU saying DX 12 support doesn't mean it fully supports every feature or previous revisions. 

And regarding DirectX support, in order for a GPU to be DX12 compatible, it must support feature level 11_0 and 11_1 at the minimum, which is the equivalent of supporting the entirety of DX11 and previous versions. In order to be compatible with a certain feature level, you must support that feature level's features + all previous versions. I'm pretty certain you have to go through a certification process with Microsoft to be allowed to say you support DX12 with some feature level support. If anyone is allowed to say "oh we support DX12!" and they don't actually support the minimum requirement per Microsoft, then that's a huge problem.

22 minutes ago, Husky said:

Strange, could be that it doesn't support that feature level, or it might also just be a driver issue. Update your graphics drivers and try again. Also make sure that Windows is fully up-to-date.

I have played many games on my system using the integrated graphics while I was waiting for my dedicated GPU to arrive. It worked perfectly fine although slowly with all my games, so I think it may be a driver issue.

So how do i update my drivers

Go to the Intel website and see if they have drivers available for your GPU/CPU. Then, go to Microsoft's site and search for DirectX 11 and/or 12 Runtime installers.

1 hour ago, NABZOG said:

So how do i update my drivers

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/126790/graphics-drivers/graphics-for-8th-generation-intel-processors/intel-uhd-graphics-630.html

There's the link for your CPU's integrated graphics. Download the 15.65 latest version there and install it. Should sort everything out.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM