The Great Motherboard Shuffle [Long question]

Hello, LinusTechTips forum, it's been a while since I've spoken on here, (like over a year?) but I need your help today.
This is for the future, and it's a really important question.

THE ISSUE
I can't reinstall my OS because certain school programs are proprietary as hell and will lose their data on me, and there's no way to switch it over to a new PC.

If I finally upgrade my FX-8320, DDR3 RAM and 970 Gaming motherboard to Ryzen, how the hell do I keep my OS?

SPECS

I have 16gb HyperX Fury 1866mhz RAM, a GTX 1070 SC, 750w 80+ Gold PSU, my aforementioned CPU and mobo, and a 4tb WD Red HDD and two 250-256gb SSDs as well as another (older) 2tb hard drive from Seagate. I run Windows 10 Pro (key bought off of Kinguin, I believe I can reuse it again if I upgrade and the system gets deactivated).

QUESTION
Is there any feasible way I can install drivers for the new parts and then upgrade it after once the time comes or am I stuck in a bottlenecked death trap?

Thanks for reading.

Sincerely, Burst

GTX 1070 - Ryzen 5 3600x - Corsair H100i V2 - 32GB DDR4 3200

Spoiler

Check out my Minecraft channel here!

Should be doable, boot into safe mode and remove any drivers related to the mobo, then get the new hardware set up and boot in and install drivers... I think that's all that it needs, can't say I have any personal experience though 

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Just now, Cyracus said:

Should be doable, boot into safe mode and remove any drivers related to the mobo, then get the new hardware set up and boot in and install drivers... I think that's all that it needs, can't say I have any personal experience though 

That's what I was thinking honestly. I'll make sure to have that written down. Thanks.

1 minute ago, AaronsDev said:

You can keep your Windows 10 licence by going into settings, Update & Security, Activation, and then Add an Account. You can get a full tutorial I found here: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-re-activate-windows-10-after-hardware-change Good luck!

I'll take a read of that, thanks.

Spoiler

I did boot up my old AMD system into an Intel one for file recovery/data recovery in a similar fashion... to find out I'd uninstalled the software anyhow (was a game, and I could not remember if I purchased or just a demo, but as I never found it, I could not email support for the download link for a game I cannot remember if I even did buy it! xD )...

So it works, but personally I'd not use it often like that. :( 

Just now, TechyBen said:

I did boot up my old AMD system into an Intel one for file recovery/data recovery in a similar fashion... to find out I'd uninstalled the software anyhow (was a game, and I could not remember if I purchased or just a demo, but as I never found it, I could not email support for the download link for a game I cannot remember if I even did buy it! xD )...

So it works, but personally I'd not use it often like that. :( 

Not often, no, the main thing is to make sure I don't lose my government-mandated education work. hehe

Spoiler