Okay so months ago when transferring my PC into a new case, I snapped my HDD's plastic sata connector off into a sata cable (exposing the pins) by accident. Luckily, only one of the pins broke off, but I was still able to get the hard drive working. I quickly glued the cable to the HDD as I wouldn't be re-using it after I got a new drive for obvious reasons.

Fast forward to yesterday afternoon, and I'm putting my computer back together after disassembly from receiving several new PC parts, and the HDD fell and the glued on sata cable bent, causing my PC not to recognize it anymore. I removed the cable to check the damage, and another one of the pins had broken off of the HDD. 

Are there any options that I can take to pull that data off the hard drive? It's got most of my personals and I've got my windows on there, so no Forza Horizon 3 for me until I can find some way to properly fix it.

are we talking sata data or sata power cable?

in the worst case, you could either use a "donor" drive and solder off its connector, to then solder that onto your broken one, or you could order an IDENTICAL drive and do a PCB swap.

its a matter of how much you want that data.

LTT just made a video on Drive Savers, they'll recover any data from your hdd and put it onto a new one. 

Firstly, I'd just like to thank you all for such speedy responses, I'd asked various other troubleshooting questions on other forums and had to wait days to weeks for one or two responses. 

35 minutes ago, manikyath said:

are we talking sata data or sata power cable?

in the worst case, you could either use a "donor" drive and solder off its connector, to then solder that onto your broken one, or you could order an IDENTICAL drive and do a PCB swap.

its a matter of how much you want that data.

And it's Sata data (I like saying that lol), I really need the data that's on there. I have no soldering skills or knowledge, but I'm a quick learner if absolutely need be.

Just now, Nudoxsys said:

Firstly, I'd just like to thank you all for such speedy responses, I'd asked various other troubleshooting questions on other forums and had to wait days to weeks for one or two responses. 

And it's Sata data (I like saying that lol), I really need the data that's on there. I have no soldering skills or knowledge, but I'm a quick learner if absolutely need be.

at worst you can call a data recovery business, this sort of stuff is EZ mode for them. do expect to pay a good price for those services however.

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

at worst you can call a data recovery business, this sort of stuff is EZ mode for them. do expect to pay a good price for those services however.

Yeah, I'd just contacted one in my city, $600 - $1200 for it. A bit more than I'd be willing to pay at that price point but if push comes to shove I just may have to gun for the option.

2 minutes ago, Nudoxsys said:

Yeah, I'd just contacted one in my city, $600 - $1200 for it. A bit more than I'd be willing to pay at that price point but if push comes to shove I just may have to gun for the option.

there's cheaper ones too, https://www.300dollardatarecovery.com/ for example, as well as before mentioned linus video.