Citrix xendesktop and xenserver

Hello,

I have a dedicated server with the following configuration:

Intel core I7-7700

64gb ram ddr4

2x500gb SSD

1gbps network

1x Nvidia GTX 1080 

I'm using it for testing purposes, i want to buy similar hardware in order to setup virtual desktops with vGPU here at the office but i have some issues and need at somepoint some external help to make this project possible, i hope i can find that help here.

So, 1st i will explain what i've done so far, i have installed XenServer in the physical server because i read that he was able to do vGPU (i want to share the GTX 1080) then I made 2 VMS with windows server 2016 (one with ADDS, DHCP, DNS and Routing as Domain controller, the other with Citrix Xendesktop).

After all the installation i activated XenServer with one enterprise license and i saw that Citrix wasn't able to see my GPU (error: GPU configuration and monitoring is disabled, because there are no GPUs available on this host), well i thought it was a driver problem since previously i had vmware esxi installed and the graphics card was there, but when i went to check online for this issue i could only find people talking that Xenserver only supports the production graphic cards like Nvidia GRID, others say that is only possible to Passthrough and vGPU is only available to production graphic cards. Well i'm confused, i'm asking myself if i wasting my time, or theres anyway to make this work. Do you guys know if XenServer support consummer grade graphics cards and if its possible to share this GPU or if is there any alternative that can make this possible?

Thank you

Best Regards

Pedro Lopes

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello

Unfortunately, Citrix only supports Server GPU's like a Quadro, I guess. Have you installed the newest NVIDIA driver?

Regards, 

Mathis

*** Thread locked ***

OP hasn't been back since posting this. Some 2 years ago.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv