Random computer 'shutdown'

TMobile

Hey There,

Recently my computer started acting up. It randomly turns off: no warning, no shut down screen, just black at once. Then it starts up again.

The weird part is that it has (jet) only happened when using Chrome. since i have cleaned my PSU, but the problem keeps happening.

Often it happens ten minutes after turning on the computer, after the 'restart' it hasn't happened.

My specs: (i know it is old, but i want to replace it this summer for something completely new)

cpu:     AMD athlon II X4 760K

mobo:  Asrock FM2A75M PRO4+ A88X

ram:     4GB 1600-11 Crucial

psu:     Corsair CX430 Bronze

gpu:     MSI HD7850 OC 2GB

ssd:     Sandisk 240 Gb

hdd:     Seagate 1Tb 7200 rpm

If you're formally an engineer, avoid responsibility. That's what senior engineers get paid for.

Did you over lock it? If is overclocked it could be too high but when it shuts down it would have a Windows error. Is anything overclocked too high in it?

Might be that your setup is starting to show its age if it only happens in chrome. I have a pretty good computer but for some reason chrome eats resources like no tomorrow, even if I have no addons. 

Just now, Docretier said:

Might be that your setup is starting to show its age if it only happens in chrome. I have a pretty good computer but for some reason chrome eats resources like no tomorrow, even if I have no addons. 

Not to say your computer is going obsolete, just try to use a different browser, chrome is just resource intensive sometimes. 

2 minutes ago, AaronsDev said:

Did you over lock it? If is overclocked it could be too high but when it shuts down it would have a Windows error. Is anything overclocked too high in it?

nope completely stock

If you're formally an engineer, avoid responsibility. That's what senior engineers get paid for.

Just now, Docretier said:

Not to say your computer is going obsolete, just try to use a different browser, chrome is just resource intensive sometimes. 

the weird part (forgot to add) it runs quite new games, without anything bad happening

5 minutes ago, userzero said:

Check your event viewer/logs

i now have

it just says: 'The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.'

1 minute ago, TheThymo said:

the weird part (forgot to add) it runs quite new games, without anything bad happening

and the problem relies on the board then...

How long have you ever used it and have you ever cleaned it? Maybe a dust bunny got there

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

Just now, Ordinarily_Greater said:

and the problem relies on the board then...

How long have you ever used it and have you ever cleaned it? Maybe a dust bunny got there

around four years, i clean it at least twice a year, no bunnies to be seen

2 minutes ago, TheThymo said:

around four years, i clean it at least twice a year, no bunnies to be seen

have you Ever forcing your PC to shut down by unplugging the power cable? your system says (without cleanly shutting down first)

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

You should be able to narrow down the cause of the crash in event viewer. You need to look through carefully.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

1 minute ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

have you Ever forcing your PC to shut down by unplugging the power cable? your system says (without cleanly shutting down first)

it has happened a long time ago, this error is from the day and time that the problem im talking about occured

here is the errror log

srry for some reason you can't print screen it ..

IMG_20180320_164334.jpg

IMG_20180320_164353.jpg

9 minutes ago, userzero said:

You should be able to narrow down the cause of the crash in event viewer. You need to look through carefully.

i've added the logs, but i see nothing weird

Are there not any other logs anywhere in event viewer for anything else other than the kernel power? Look for nvidia and ntoskrnl.exe errors.

5 minutes ago, TheThymo said:

it has happened a long time ago, this error is from the day and time that the problem im talking about occured

i don't think that affected the PC then, the point is well i got some options

Option 1. Update your audio drivers

In most cases, Kernel-Power error is caused by your misbehaving sound card driver. Whether it’s outdated, missing or corrupted, it’s very likely cause the error.

Option 2. Change your power settings

Power settings may also cause the error.

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

You've more than likely borked your PSU.

Just now, userzero said:

You've more than likely borked your PSU.

would it survive till ~august? xD

I don't think it's the PSU. When my PC restarts because of something power related my motherboard it'll throw up an error next time it boots up with PSU error or something like that. 

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

5 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

i don't think that affected the PC then, the point is well i got some options

Option 1. Update your audio drivers

In most cases, Kernel-Power error is caused by your misbehaving sound card driver. Whether it’s outdated, missing or corrupted, it’s very likely cause the error.

Option 2. Change your power settings

Power settings may also cause the error.

audio drivers are already up to date and power setting is on balanced (windows settings)

17 minutes ago, TheThymo said:

audio drivers are already up to date and power setting is on balanced (windows settings)

but your PC isn't randomly shutting down again right?

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Just now, Ordinarily_Greater said:

but your PC isn't randomly shutting down again right?

not yet might happen when i turn it off and then on again, busy with school stuff now tho