New pc build need help on psu

I'm building a new pc and need help on a psu. I just need help on what' the best 1 for reliability and how many watts I'm going to need

My build:

I9 7900x

2x evga gtx 1080 ti ftw3

Asus rampage vi extreme 

32gb 3600mhz g skill trident z 4x8

2x Samsung 960 evo 1tb m.2 ssd

Thermaltake riing 360 premium closed loop water cooler

3x 140mm thermaltake fans

3x 120mm thermaltake fans

Thermaltake view 71 case

25 minutes ago, RapeSloth said:

Since I doubt you have any budget limitations, I would go for Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium, 1000W should be more than enough.

Is that 1 better than the evga 1200w p2 or 1600w t2 or is the 1600w overkill? I' planning on overclocking in the future when I start getting familiar with pcs

May be difficult to find but Seasonic Prime Titanium 1000W (SSR-1000TD) has a 12 year warranty. jonnyguru.com gave the 750W and 850W models perfect 10s. It hasn't reviewed the 1000W yet. Don't confuse this unit with the Prime Ultra Titanium (SSR-1000TR).

PCPartPicker estimates maximum stock power draw of the system at 805W. A 1000W psu is more than enough to account for overclocking and upgrades.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

4 minutes ago, MANDINGO said:

Is that 1 better than the evga 1200w p2 or 1600w t2 or is the 1600w overkill? I' planning on overclocking in the future when I start getting familiar with pcs

1000 watts should be enough even with some decent OC but since the GPUs can hit 370 watts pushed to the brink and the 7900x can hit nearly 500 watts, you are looking at a 1240 watt maximum load if you OC to the max.

So since you are talking about like $5000 worth of hardware, dont screw around with "barely enough". You have the money, so get a 1600 PSU

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

Since it looks like you want as much RGB as possible:

Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1250W (lower wattage, better performance, but still enough)

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/mhnG3C/thermaltake-toughpower-irgb-plus-1250w-80-titanium-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ps-tpi-1250dpctus-t

Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB 1500W Titanium (higher wattage, slightly worse performance)

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Vh98TW/thermaltake-toughpower-dps-g-rgb-titanium-1500w-80-titanium-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ps-tpg-1500dpctus-t

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Also @JDE is a prime PSU expert so wait for his word on this.

EDIT: Oh, hes already here. LOL

Current Build Thread:

Just now, WallacEngineering said:

Also @JDE is a prime PSU expert so wait for his word on this.

Ninja your notify me post :P

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

6 minutes ago, JDE said:

Since it looks like you want as much RGB as possible:

Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1250W (lower wattage, better performance, but still enough)

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/mhnG3C/thermaltake-toughpower-irgb-plus-1250w-80-titanium-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ps-tpi-1250dpctus-t

Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB 1500W Titanium (higher wattage, slightly worse performance)

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Vh98TW/thermaltake-toughpower-dps-g-rgb-titanium-1500w-80-titanium-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ps-tpg-1500dpctus-t

I like rgb but I don' care for it in my psu. I just Want to get the best 1 with the maximum wattage I'm able to get and still have my pc running at it' best @JDE

3 minutes ago, JDE said:

Ninja your notify me post :P

Lolz, so he says he doesnt care about PSU RGB so maybe something with more ample ripple supression (premium grade)

Current Build Thread:

4 minutes ago, MANDINGO said:

I like rgb but I don' care for it in my psu. I just Want to get the best 1 with the maximum wattage I'm able to get and still have my of running at it' best 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/cn3RsY/corsair-power-supply-cp9020057na

Best out of the best (AX1600i, not 1500i) is out of stock :P

It's not that far from the iRGB Plus though, and $50 more expensive than the DPS RGB and the iRGB Plus. If you are willing to go down to Platinum the PRIME Platinum is inbetween the two in performance lower priced AFAIK.

2 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

Lolz, so he says he doesnt care about PSU RGB so maybe something with more ample ripple supression (premium grade)

At this point it doesn't really matter tbh

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

2 minutes ago, JDE said:

It's not that far from the iRGB Plus though, and $50 more expensive than the DPS RGB and the iRGB Plus. If you are willing to go down to Platinum the PRIME Platinum is inbetween the two in performance lower priced AFAIK.

Ya I was gonna say AX1600i myself. That thing has like premium everything. If @MANDINGO can dind it, I would suggest it...

Again, just the fact of 5 freaking grands worth of hardware, I would be scared to go with anything but the best of the best IMHO. Thats just my 2 cents.

Plus it gets 10 year warranty and I can personally vouge for it as Ive got the Corsair RM1000i and its the best PSU I have ever owned by a LONG way.

Current Build Thread:

1 minute ago, WallacEngineering said:

Ya I was gonna say AX1600i myself. That thing has like premium everything. If @MANDINGO can dind it, I would suggest it...

Again, just the fact of 5 freaking grands worth of hardware, I would be scared to go with anything but the best of the best IMHO. Thats just my 2 cents.

Plus it gets 10 year warranty and I can personally vouge for it as Ive got the Corsair RM1000i and its the best PSU I have ever owned by a LONG way.

Thermaltake iRGB Plus is very close in performance... the gaps these days with ultra-high-end PSUs IMO don't matter anymore, between the iRGB Plus, the Prime Ultra, the MasterWatt MIJ and the AXi...

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

1 minute ago, JDE said:

Thermaltake iRGB Plus is very close in performance... the gaps these days with ultra-high-end PSUs IMO don't matter anymore, between the iRGB Plus, the Prime Ultra, the MasterWatt MIJ and the AXi...

Huh never would have thought Thermaltake would have a spot in the super high end PSUs but then again I stopped researching at the 1000-1200 watt range so youve got the info on this one.

Current Build Thread:

2 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

Huh never would have thought Thermaltake would have a spot in the super high end PSUs but then again I stopped researching at the 1000-1200 watt range so youve got the info on this one.

The flaw is that it stops at 1250W for the highest end model. Go higher and you only have the DPS G RGB for 1500W, which is worse. The iRGB Plus is fully digital, btw

EDIT: It's near full digital.

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

5 minutes ago, JDE said:

The flaw is that it stops at 1250W for the highest end model. Go higher and you only have the DPS G RGB for 1500W, which is worse. The iRGB Plus is fully digital, btw

Its kinda funny when you think about it: 1500w equals 2 mechanical horsepower, so hes gonna have a 2 HP PC ;)

Current Build Thread:

1 hour ago, WallacEngineering said:

Yea I spent a ton on my build (i forgot to add my 32gb 3600mhz g skill trident z 4x8 ram) so I'm not tryinbg to cheap out especially on a psu. I tried looking for the ax1600i but that beast is sold out everywhere and tthe only 1600w psu I can find is the evga supernova 1600w t2

1 hour ago, JDE said:

I tried looking for that corsair but it' very popular and tthe only 1600w psu I can find is the evga supernova 1600w t2. What do you think about that model? It' titanium but I'm no expert on psu

1 hour ago, WallacEngineering said:

I bought a thermaltake toughpower rgb 1200w but I feel like it' not enough and it doesn' have a whole lot of connections and I read that the one I bought are pretty much crap and the flat cables make it look very messy around the psu

3 minutes ago, MANDINGO said:

I tried looking for that corsair but it' very popular and tthe only 1600w psu I can find is the evga supernova 1600w t2. What do you think about that model? It' titanium but I'm no expert on psu

It is an excellent psu. I'm not a fan of buying psu that will rarely, if ever operate above 50%.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

13 minutes ago, MANDINGO said:

Yea I spent a ton on my build (i forgot to add my 32gb 3600mhz g skill trident z 4x8 ram) so I'm not tryinbg to cheap out especially on a psu. I tried looking for the ax1600i but that beast is sold out everywhere and tthe only 1600w pay I can find is the evga supernova 1600w t2

Well according to @JDE (and I trust his word on it), the mega PSUs dont really have drastic differences that make one vastly superior to the other. EVGA is pretty good at high-power PSUs, so I would think that the Nova P2 1600 Titanium would be a good bet.

Corsair also makes an AX1500i as well so you could always look into that one.

There are other good options as well such as the SeaSonic Prime 1300W Platinum, Corsair HX1200i Platininum,  or that Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1250W Titanium.

I would say any 1250+ watt power supply that is either Platinum or Titanium rated and made by a reputable manufacturer would be a good bet.

Current Build Thread:

11 minutes ago, MANDINGO said:

I bought a thermaltake toughpower rgb 1200w but I feel like it' not enough and it doesn' have a whole lot of connections and I read that the one I bought are pretty much crap and the flat cables make it look very messy around the psu

Well cancel the order and have a quick look at the post above ^.

Current Build Thread:

6 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

Well cancel the order and have a quick look at the post above ^.

I already had bought I still have it but I'm going to return it this coming Tuesday but I did find a corsair ax1600i I just have to drive to the bay area but its only an hour to an hour and a half drive so I don't mind