How do I get windows 10 Task manager to run when i run windows 7 task manager

I have a program that works just like windows 10 task manager called DBL Task manager (I think) and i want it to run instead of the windows 7 task manager when i try to tun task manager. How do I do this Linus, help.

Thanks,

Malcolm

Capture.PNG

I think what you need to do is replace the taskmgr.exe file in windows/system32 with that of what you want to be running (remembering to make sure that you change the name of the replacement file and back up the original in case things go wrong) and using the right click option to run task manager should being up the one you want to use.

There might be some registry thing you can do to get the same effect, but I'm not an expert in that kind of thing or even in what I suggested, so use this at your own peril.

You really, really don't want to be playing around with that, seriously, because if everything isn't correct, it'll probably corrupt your Windows and you're not gonna have a good time. Technically, it'll be very, very difficult, as Task Manager is a part of a lot of the system. Don't play around with it.