Windows 10 creators fall update eating up the processor.

PhoenixDAS

I have an Intel i7-3840QM in dell precision m4700 that has 8gb of RAM and 500gb 5400rpm hdd that I upgraded to windows 10 creators fall.

To my surprise in the past manager I noticed that it has 135 processes and it's at no use state and the processor will be showing 0% use but at 1.18ghz.

What's could be the reason for this please?

Screenshot (8).png

Screenshot (9).png

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're asking.

Having any number of processes but no utilization on the CPU isn't a bad thing, it means they are idle.

If you're wondering why the CPU is at 1.18Ghz that's probably due to the power settings not keeping the processor at max speed or the laptop just dropping the clock speed down to save power when not needed.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

8 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're asking.

Having any number of processes but no utilization on the CPU isn't a bad thing, it means they are idle.

If you're wondering why the CPU is at 1.18Ghz that's probably due to the power settings not keeping the processor at max speed or the laptop just dropping the clock speed down to save power when not needed.

My question was that I thought that at idle state that it's supposed to be at something like 0.9ghz or less.

I use the Precision M6600 as a laptop, and this may be caused by your power options. You'll have to go to advanced options of your power plan and check that your minimum frequency of your plan is at 10% or however low you want it to drop too. My M6600 will drop all the way to 0.5Ghz in battery saving mode, than crank up to 3.7Ghz in High-Performance mode.

I spend most of my time on Autodesk and Caffe. CAD is great, as long as you know what you're doing.

Watson: Ryzen 7 1800X, 32GB 3000Mhz Dominator Platinum, X370 MSI Pro Carbon, 2x FirePro W9100s, 2x 256GB Samsung 850EVO SSDs, 2x 6TB WD Raid 1 HDDs, Ghetto Custom Cooling and Case, Logitech G910 and G502, 3DConnection SpacePilot Pro, 6x 27" Viewsonic FHD Monitors, 2x 24" Acer FHD Monitors, Windows 10 Pro/Ubuntu 16.04 Dual.

Yes, you can game on FirePro Cards, it's just overkill if you never use it's full abilities. 

Sherlock: 128 Core Render Server (32 Nodes, Matched Core 2 Quads, 8GB DDR2) running HPC Service Pack 1 on Windows Server 2016. Just because, you know, who doesn't want to render in real time? (Plus I don't pay the power bill)

5aae7bbe676a0_Screenshot(9).png.2e399b5688728a5004b799448ffebc39.pngIdle state at the initial bootup.5aae7bb97979c_Screenshot(8).png.26f43ca0c31efa7d78548d6e4876ff81.pngIdle state after sleep.

17 hours ago, TonyKramer said:

I use the Precision M6600 as a laptop, and this may be caused by your power options. You'll have to go to advanced options of your power plan and check that your minimum frequency of your plan is at 10% or however low you want it to drop too. My M6600 will drop all the way to 0.5Ghz in battery saving mode, than crank up to 3.7Ghz in High-Performance mode.

Thanks for your response@tonykramer.

I'm using Windows 10 update 1709 and what it does on an idle state is that it goes up to a steady 1.18ghz unless I put the pc to "sleep" and "on" it again it will go down to 0.90ghz.