iFixit's Steam machine prototype teardown

it pretty much uses stock hardware, I was expecting some modded hardware so like a GPU with no shielding and just a fan or custom ram shielding instead of using stock crucial ram

Wasn't that the whole point? That it's completely compatible with standard parts, it would have completely missed the point if everything wasn't completely stock.

I do hope they sell these seperately. Having a hard time finding and HTPC case I actually like.

As far as we know, these won't be sold but Valve should be sharing the cad files for people who want to build them.

Wasn't that the whole point? That it's completely compatible with standard parts, it would have completely missed the point if everything wasn't completely stock.

As far as we know, these won't be sold but Valve should be sharing the cad files for people who want to build them.

What i meant is that it doesn't use custom hardware so custom gpu cooler etc... i didn't mean a custom console. ofcourse I knew that it was going to be up-gradable and it has stock hardware support i meant that it didn't change the stock coolers and shielding 

What i meant is that it doesn't use custom hardware so custom gpu cooler etc... i didn't mean a custom console. ofcourse I knew that it was going to be up-gradable and it has stock hardware support i meant that it didn't change the stock coolers and shielding

Yeah I understand what you meant, but this is all about Valve showing how great Steam machines can be built using completely off the shelf hardware.

Wait, they have a GTX card with the LED Geforce Display and no window to show it off D: are they smoking crack or just stupid... they have lost so many sexy points from that... other than that i like :3

Character artist in the Games industry.

Did anyone else notice that the CPU bracket holder that locks the cpu is removed and thus the only thing holding the cpu is the heat sink......... seems that taking it apart might damage the pins if you lift it and the cpu goes with it then falls. is there any point in removing that?

GQVe8qA.jpg

xcY5Ip7.jpg

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

I would be the happiest person in the world if they sold that case by itself. I would love to put an impact, or the msi m itx mobo, in that with a better low profile cooler, and a 290 with the windforce cooler!

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ