Contribution payment

lewdicrous

Having a way to pay for the contributions using credit/debit instead of paypal, I know that I can do that for floatplane if I go to the new site, but that's not what I want (I don't really care about getting videos early)

TL;DR (even tho it's not really long) other payment options for contributions, not just paypal (if possible)

Unfortunately, as much as I would love to move away from PayPal as soon as possible, it's not really an option at the moment.

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

Unfortunately, as much as I would love to move away from PayPal as soon as possible, it's not really an option at the moment.

Staying hopeful for what the future may hold..

3 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Credit card payment would be great.

Sure would.

Maybe once Floatplane is more established and has all that worked out, LTT can license the technology from them to add to the forum lol

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Maybe once Floatplane is more established and has all that worked out, LTT can license the technology from them to add to the forum lol

I'll be patient, but that brings up another thing; seeing that Floatplane became its own company, essentially, will LTT have to pay for said technology..

I digress, that's a whole 'nother can of elephants

You can add a credit or debit card to paypal and use that.

Why don't you want to use paypal? I'm not sure I understand.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

1 hour ago, lewdicrous said:

I'll be patient, but that brings up another thing; seeing that Floatplane became its own company, essentially, will LTT have to pay for said technology..

Just to chime in on this question, even if they did have to do this for legal reasons, they could sell LTT the tech for like $0.01 yearly and it would be ok legally as far I know. As long as some money was paid.

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

3 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

Could be a good way to move money around, whether for tax reasons or write offs.

32 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

You can add a credit or debit card to paypal and use that.

The thing is, I don't want to use paypal; I want to pay to pay directly using credit/debit.

It just presents 1 less variable when trying to troubleshoot issues in my opinion, not to mention the other advantages that other users may want.

33 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Could be a good way to move money around, whether for tax reasons or write offs.

Throwing money into a loop can be fun, see also: money tornado

4 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

The thing is, I don't want to use paypal; I want to pay to pay directly using credit/debit.

It just presents 1 less variable when trying to troubleshoot issues in my opinion, not to mention the other advantages that other users may want.

Throwing money into a loop can be fun, see also: money tornado

What issues are there to troubleshoot when making a payment?

The only possibles issues would be it either just simply does not work, which will never happen with paypal, or there is something wrong with an item or purchase and you need recourse to get your money back, in which case Paypal gives you significant advantages in. The only disadvantage of using Paypal is you have to load one extra page to complete a purchase, and you have to trust paypal with your credit cards. Supporting paypal for payment is extremely convenient.

1 minute ago, suchamoneypit said:

- snip -

There are a several things that make me want to pay directly from my bank rather than transferring money to another account first;

• Being able to walk into the bank whenever I encounter an issue (Convenience)
  • Seeing that I live outside of the US, I would have to pay to transfer money from my credit/debit to a paypal account, that might seem like a small amount of money, but it will all add up in the long run (I plan on being a contributor for a while)
  • Peace of mind on my end

Just to name a few..

Maybe you prefer paying with paypal instead of other options, but you gotta realize that other people prefer other things.

15 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Its a legit shell company

Legality makes it legal

giphy.gif.3f28e11f8cb809c95199216391b85bb5.gif

1 hour ago, lewdicrous said:

There are a several things that make me want to pay directly from my bank rather than transferring money to another account first;

• Being able to walk into the bank whenever I encounter an issue (Convenience)
  • Seeing that I live outside of the US, I would have to pay to transfer money from my credit/debit to a paypal account, that might seem like a small amount of money, but it will all add up in the long run (I plan on being a contributor for a while)
  • Peace of mind on my end

Just to name a few..

Maybe you prefer paying with paypal instead of other options, but you gotta realize that other people prefer other things.

1. You can talk to paypal, in your own home! Over 10x the convenience! :P
  2. Idk what system LTT uses for payment, but I don't think you need to convert to USD to use paypal. Since I'm from canada, I can pay directly from my bank account with paypal without paying for any transfers. (Transfers from bank to paypal in same currency are free)
  3. Paypal should give you more peace of mind. It lets you refund/chargeback online, but CCs might be a bit more problematic.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

1 hour ago, bob51zhang said:

- snip -

To some yes, but I prefer talking to people face to face, not through emails or phone calls (easier for me to explain what I'm trying to say)

I live in the middle-east, we don't get the same features, as far as I know, I might be wrong tho

I know that paypal has its advantages, but it's not perfect and yes CCs are not perfect as well, however, giving your consumers an option to choose does more good than harm, in my opinion.