Stuttering when auto-saving

Brouhahaha

Hello, I reloaded Windows 10 after swapping out a mobo and CPU. I have been playing Divinity Original Sin 2 and I now get stuttering whenever the game autosaves. I recall I had the issue with the previous setup and managed to fix it by dedicating a spare SSD (Sata) for page filing. This time around it has not worked. Got rid of DVR, Microsoft Gamebar overlay, changed power settings to maximum performance in Nvidia control panel, did a DDU fresh GPU driver install, nowt seems to help. I did have the last rig OC'd to 4.5mhz (6700k & GA- Z170X - G1), currently just using the Turbo mode feature. Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this? 

Are saving on HDD or SSD? Also, if pagefile fixed it last time, how big is your page file?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Are saving on HDD or SSD? Also, if pagefile fixed it last time, how big is your page file?

SSD C: drive. Page file size: 335765mb. 

3 minutes ago, Brouhahaha said:

SSD C: drive. Page file size: 335765mb. 

Ugh, thats big pagefile. You only need about 1.5-2x your RAM. Thats 335Gb of pagefile.

E: Or are you reading the wrong thing? That must be free space. I have 4gigs on SSD and 4-12gigs on HDD.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Ugh, thats big pagefile. You only need about 1.5-2x your RAM. Thats 335Gb of pagefile.

Worked last time. Will set it to 32GB. 

1 minute ago, Brouhahaha said:

Worked last time. Will set it to 32GB. 

Do you have 2nd screen or some resources monitor that would show which component is bottlenecking when stutter happens? I actually think its game itself being issue more than your hardware.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Do you have 2nd screen or some resources monitor that would show which component is bottlenecking when stutter happens? I actually think its game itself being issue more than your hardware.

yes, I do. Good idea. With pagefile, for the C: drive is it system managed, then set Custom size for my additional SSD? 

Just now, Brouhahaha said:

yes, I do. Good idea. With pagefile, for the C: drive is it system managed, then set Custom size for my additional SSD? 

You can set custom sizes for all. I've changed SSD to be smaller and rest of the stuff being on HDD. You could have pagefile across all the drives, or just one. But personally I would always keep small file on OS drive just in case there's some glitching. Windows counts it as one file and doesn't make difference between speeds of drives its located.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

As a side note, if the pagefile really did grow to 335GB, then it sounds like it was eating up enough free space to cause the drive to start faltering in performance. SSD performance degrades when they're nearly full due to how they do wear leveling among other things.

1 hour ago, M.Yurizaki said:

As a side note, if the pagefile really did grow to 335GB, then it sounds like it was eating up enough free space to cause the drive to start faltering in performance. SSD performance degrades when they're nearly full due to how they do wear leveling among other things.

Cheers, set it to 2x my RAM as @LoGiCalDrmsuggested. Still can't get rid of the stutter! T'is only when saving so can sort of live with it in Divinity Original Sin 2. 

1 hour ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Makes me curious if it's just that one game or any game.

I just worked it out! Disabled cloud saves on Steam... Smooth, seamless gameplay again. 

The answer was out there all along...:  

Just now, Brouhahaha said:

I just worked it out! Disabled cloud saves on Steam... Smooth, seamless gameplay again. 

Nice, good to know that you solved the problem. Next time though say that you were using steam, since I believe most people got this game on the DRM free version.

Now just enjoy this amazing game :)

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.