Stackoverflow developer survey

Most of you would know that Stackoverflow released the results.

https://insights.stackoverflow.com/survey/2018#technology-programming-scripting-and-markup-languages

It might be interesting for everyone just to take a glance at the whole survey, and google here and there some stuff you aren't familiar with.

Get new idea's or at least know about whats possible :)

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

Everything that's wrong with programming in 2018 quoted in just over one sentence:

For the sixth year in a row, JavaScript is the most commonly used programming language. Python has risen in the ranks

Write in C.

8 minutes ago, Dat Guy said:

Everything that's wrong with programming in 2018 quoted in just over one sentence:

Ditched JavaScript for so long since I was mainly focused on the back-end part, but with a certain group of users (middle aged) some realtime form validations etc were nice.

So I did a bit of plain & vue but still do not like it.

But the interactive results it getting is pretty.

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

13 minutes ago, Cruorzy said:

Ditched JavaScript for so long since I was mainly focused on the back-end part, but with a certain group of users (middle aged) some realtime form validations etc were nice.

So I did a bit of plain & vue but still do not like it.

But the interactive results it getting is pretty.

Since getting my job I have done nothing but JS for front angularJS (dinosaur edition ) and node.js. I actually rather like it for creating APIs now. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

I find it a little bit strange that a website like stackoverflow uses the word "coding" (coding as hobby).Another thing, 2016 results are screwed up in the education part (when all the percentages are added you get a number far higher than 100% O.o).Why are most people in the IT industry white males?

33 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

Why are most people in the IT industry white males?

What does the color of ones skin or their gender have anything to do with anything?

5 hours ago, Cruorzy said:

It might be interesting for everyone just to take a glance at the whole survey, and google here and there some stuff you aren't familiar with.

F# is the top paying technology? That took me by surprise. I'm wondering if that's an artifact of the way things are? Generally it's only going to be pretty experienced developers who start branching into functional programming.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

13 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

What does the color of ones skin or their gender have anything to do with anything?

I don't know, that's why I asked why are there so few females (and apparently other races).

On 3/15/2018 at 11:41 AM, MyName13 said:

I find it a little bit strange that a website like stackoverflow uses the word "coding" (coding as hobby).Another thing, 2016 results are screwed up in the education part (when all the percentages are added you get a number far higher than 100% O.o).Why are most people in the IT industry white males?

Good question, why are nursing professionals predominantly female may I ask?

cheerleading used to be originally a male profession, how did it get hijacked by women?

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 3/18/2018 at 5:24 PM, wasab said:

Good question, why are nursing professionals predominantly female may I ask?

cheerleading used to be originally a male profession, how did it get hijacked by women?

It's like that in many professions, why are there so many stewardesses?Remember those old footages about huge rooms filled with female workers (phone switching, calculating etc...)?Has there been any research on this subject?

1 hour ago, MyName13 said:

It's like that in many professions, why are there so many stewardesses?Remember those old footages about huge rooms filled with female workers (phone switching, calculating etc...)?Has there been any research on this subject?

Men can be medical nurse and cheerlead just as well as women. Why arent we men shouting out gender discrimination? Why arent the politicians speaking out? Why are the feminists ignoring this? Why havent the gender equality social justice warriors on the internet ever mention it? 

On 3/15/2018 at 12:18 PM, straight_stewie said:

F# is the top paying technology? That took me by surprise. I'm wondering if that's an artifact of the way things are? Generally it's only going to be pretty experienced developers who start branching into functional programming.

of course it has nothing to do with anything but trust me, if i say women should be drafted into the military just like men, i can be sure both women and men would see an issue. 

If the Hollywood wants to white wash and have a white acting as a black character in the film, many would see an issue,. 

Sudo make me a sandwich