Downscale 1440p to 1080p or game on old 1080p??

Hello,

Here it goes again, already created so many posts, but better be sure than sorry i Guess.

Ive basically purchased my first gaming pc, picking out parts and i bought the asus gtx 1060 dual oc 3gb Version, as everythng else is sold out, literally. Saw this one card left in a store, 2h drive one way, just had to get it. And i was wondering what to do now With the screen setup.

I have a 2560x1440 - AOC 31.5" Led Freesync screen, (Q3279VWF) and a couple 1080p 60hz screens laying around, probably between 1ms-5ms if that matters. Do i even bother to downscale the 1440p to 1080p to match my GPU or is it better to just run of a old 1080p seeing as buying a ultra rare super expensive 1080p wouldnt grant me any better quality anyways over the old 1080p's, i Guess? besides the hz and sync and stuff. Or do i just game on the 1080p screen?

(yea i know its freesync and i got a nvidia card but i got the display as a gift)

I know the 3gb is able to game esport stuff at 1440p without major issues (im not a pc masterrace person who needs everything on max btw, im coming from a 940m in a Laptop, im more than happy With the 1060 3gb), but i also want 60+ framerate when im already paying for a desktop. So maybe just use that? or do i even need to buy a 120hz 1080p for esport type of games? Because thats what im going to play, besides maybe wow.

Also im planing to learn Photoshop, editing, etc etc. Thus why i went With ryzen 1600 for the cores, because this is a semi do it all build, not specified on gaming. so maybe 1440p is good enough?

I tend to Write too much, so in short -->  Can i downscale 1440p to 1080p without horrible images, or do i just play on any other 1080p screen seeing as a 1080p is a 1080p regardless of brand name.

thanks for Reading my horrible long text on a simple question!

1080p on a 1440p display will look bad... not TO bad but... still... always uses the native resolution of the display...

3 minutes ago, MasterRaceMcqueen said:

1080p on a 1440p display will look bad... not TO bad but... still... always uses the native resolution of the display...

So i Guess using a old 1080p will be better than downscaling 1440p to 1080p then, image wise? 

8 minutes ago, k96 said:

So i Guess using a old 1080p will be better than downscaling 1440p to 1080p then, image wise? 

It was surely look a lot better if u use the 1080p monitor, however it is up to you if its worth it to have to switch between different monitors. 

I Guess i can just Connect both monitors up and just turn on the 1080p when i want to play games that arent esport, so i can downscale quality images. Or maybe just keep them both running without using the 1080p monitor, or is that going to hurt the GPU because its basically powering 2 monitors image wise?