Best Headphones for $200 CAD

Anthrax
Go to solution Solved by Anthrax,

I know this topic seemed like I was going to get the ATM50s instead I ended up going with the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 ohm headphones. Thank you again Linus forum, if it wasn't for you I would have probably ended up getting another "Gaming Headset" again.

Hello, I am looking to get something for christmas and well, I don't really need anything else. After watching Logan's Video about audio. It made me want to have a good pair of headphones. I am currently using a Corsair Vengeance 1300 Headset, The audio isn't bad, Not the best either. So I was thinking about getting the Sennheiser HD558's that are on NCIX I noticed they are on sale. I am an avid watcher of LTT and noticed that Linus loves his HD 555's so I thought this may be a good choice. I am not an Audiophile so I decided to get someones opinion who has a passion for audio products that would be able to help me find a good pair of headphones that are the best bang for the buck.

The Audio Technica M50s are a must buy at this price range. Unless you reeeeeeeally have to have open headphones.
You can find them pretty cheap almost anywhere.  

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

The Audio Technica M50s are a must buy at this price range. Unless you reeeeeeeally have to have open headphones.

You can find them pretty cheap almost anywhere.  

http://products.ncix.com/detail/audio-technica-ath-m50-professional-studio-monitor-headphone-w-straight-cable-black-df-84418-1187.htm

$180 Still worth it?, I know NCIX will price match but I doubt they will do it for american stores.

Hey! Thanks for the response. Unfortunately that is US deal and I cannot purchase from Amazon.com, My only real options are amazon.ca, newegg.ca, ncix.ca

did you add it to your cart and click check on shipping? because that particular auction DOES ship to canada total cost $116.28

http://products.ncix.com/detail/audio-technica-ath-m50-professional-studio-monitor-headphone-w-straight-cable-black-df-84418-1187.htm

$180 Still worth it?, I know NCIX will price match but I doubt they will do it for american stores.

Yes. 10 years from now these headphones will still be as good as ever. They're a worthwhile investment and a fantastic entry level enthusiast headphone.

I bought mine for $220 3 years ago and they've paid for themselves 10 times over.

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

did you add it to your cart and click check on shipping? because that particular auction DOES ship to canada total cost $116.28

Oh ok, sorry. Everytime I try to buy off amazon.COM it never lets me ship to canada.

I think this guy left so, "DAC" Will I need one for this headphone if so what one would you recommend?

I think this guy left so, "DAC" Will I need one for this headphone if so what one would you recommend?

A DAC wont make a very noticeable difference with the M50s. They're pretty much a plug and play set of headphones that will sound just as good on an ipod as anything else. 

A DAC wont make a very noticeable difference with the M50s. They're pretty much a plug and play set of headphones that will sound just as good on an ipod as anything else. 

Thank you very much for your help! all the brownie points to you sir!

Hey! Thanks for the response. Unfortunately that is US deal and I cannot purchase from Amazon.com, My only real options are amazon.ca, newegg.ca, ncix.ca

No dude, you can order from amazon!!!! if you look closely it say ships and sold from amazon.com, and not a third party seller. So if a product is sold from the U.S. but directly from amazon you can still order from them!

• 4 weeks later...

No dude, you can order from amazon!!!! if you look closely it say ships and sold from amazon.com, and not a third party seller. So if a product is sold from the U.S. but directly from amazon you can still order from them!

This, you can buy from amazon and then get it shipped to Canada but you will have to pay some tax.

Quote me to get a reply!

I swear by my M50's. Best set of headphones for the money.

For $150ish? Not really. SRH440's with 840 pads are more comfortable and have a better response curve, professionally the 7506 is a better headphone. 

It's really a preference.

Not particularly, as an M50 owner, I can easily say there are better options for the price that they are not. Because its a $100 headphone and nothing more, and even for the $100, there are better options. 

I second the srh440 with 840 pads or the srh840 if you are willing to pay more they are on sale for $164 on ncix I currently have them. I tried the m50 at my local music store I didn't like the bass it was slightly tight but there was too much. If you live in Ontario there might  a long-mcquade music store near you, they will allow you to return your headphones if you don't like it plus they priced match with ncix. At the store near my home they had a really nice demo with headphones from audio-techinicas, shures, and akg. And what is your music preference? Currently people are just listing headphones but since we don't know your preference these might all be bad headphones to your ear.   

My rig: i7 930 oc to 3.4 ghz, GA-X58A-UD3R, 6GB of ocz ram, antec nine hundred two, seasonic g 650, gigabyte 7970 OC, 120 GB Samsung 840, 1TB Seagate barracuda. Cm storm trigger mx browns and a steelseries sensei raw.

I know this topic seemed like I was going to get the ATM50s instead I ended up going with the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 ohm headphones. Thank you again Linus forum, if it wasn't for you I would have probably ended up getting another "Gaming Headset" again.