Chromecast bad picture

Alesek

Hi, I bought Chromecast and so far I love it, except the picture, which is washed out. It looks like the brightness/contrast/color settings are messed up. I tried different hdmi ports on the TV and get the same result. Anything else I connect to the TV looks way better. 

Do you know about some hidden Chromecast picture settings or how I can solve it? or maybe this is normal?

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

Hey, a quick search on google came up with this thread on reddit:

I'm not a 100% sure why this would work, but my best guess would be that changing that setting might change the color space the TV is expecting from a given input port (if it dosn't detect it correctly on it's own). It might not work, but it's worth a shot.

2 minutes ago, Arttu89 said:

-snip-

I tried that but it didn't work. I have no clue why it would though. Maybe it is a TV specific thing

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

Could it be the TV settings, for example, my Samsung has four different display modes “Dynamic” “Movie” “Entertain” and “Standard” or perhaps you are not matching the display settings 1080p 1080i 720p 576p/480p my Chromecast natively uses 1920 x 1080 60p?

Here are the settings my TV has, yours may be different...hope it helps.

5aa1ca5684897_LTTAlesekreplyTVmodes.thumb.png.54ccf1846d2dd30ba9acb26f7f27a774.png

Edited by SydneySideSteveSomewheres
Change image

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

1 minute ago, SydneySideSteveSomewheres said:

-snip-

i literally tried every single setting on the TV there is but nothing fixes it. some make it little bit better but it still sucks

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

I just realised and changed the image as it was for the Samsung smart hub the TV settings are elsewhere, sorry. But still, it serves to show that the problem might be a combination thing, for example, do you have the game-mode set as OFF?

Are you using the standard picture mode?

Also are all your other settings set so not impact, such as flesh tone, Gamma, black tone, colour space, motion lighting?

Maybe try resetting back to default factory settings and update the firmware.

5aa1cd080ebd9_LTTAlesekreplyTVmodesAdvanced(1).thumb.jpg.76c1ebf7937704e0ab65ea072ca1264b.jpg

5aa1cd45e26ca_LTTAlesekreplyTVmodesAdvanced(2).thumb.jpg.98d6ded4f03b9c15601dee3029fdc8b4.jpg

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).