My upcoming setup

Go to solution Solved by Ms Mercedes - Trijet Girl,

Up to you, really. The cool thing about cheap peripherals is that you can easily replace them if/when they break!

My friend is selling me a 144hz monitor with 1ms response time for $200. I wanted a dual monitor setup, so i wanted to buy another one for $330, but the thing is, i dont have any peripherals. Should i get some really cheap peripherals for about $30 so i could get the 2 monitors, or should i get like a mechanical keyboard and rgb mouse, and not get the second monitor (im a streamer btw, thats why i want the second monitor)

Up to you, really. The cool thing about cheap peripherals is that you can easily replace them if/when they break!

Resident smart (car) fanatic and lover of trijet airliners. One day you'll probably see me on one of those "Hoarders" shows, only I'm buried under a pile of 50 smart cars.

Rigs (all named after aircraft )

- DC-10-60 (GTX 1060 Gaming Machine)
- Falcon 550TI (GTX 550 TI Fun ITX Build)

- Legacy 630 (Convertible Desktop/Laptop Experiment)

- A340-750 (Dual Xeon GTX 750 Sleeper)

33 minutes ago, Ms Mercedes - Trijet Girl said:

Thx for the help

I really wouldn't bother spending that much on a second monitor. You won't be gaming on just two, so the second one can really be a cheap 60hz monitor and you won't notice any difference. You'll notice the quality of better peripherals, and since they usually go system to system, it makes sense spending a good amount of money on them. You touch them with every interaction you make, don't skimp.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

I really wouldn't bother spending that much on a second monitor. You won't be gaming on just two, so the second one can really be a cheap 60hz monitor and you won't notice any difference. You'll notice the quality of better peripherals, and since they usually go system to system, it makes sense spending a good amount of money on them. You touch them with every interaction you make, don't skimp.

Well, the only reason im spending that much is becaue its the same monitor that my friend is getting me and it looks really bad when its 2 completely different monitors

5 minutes ago, jagomaster74 said:

Well, the only reason im spending that much is becaue its the same monitor that my friend is getting me and it looks really bad when its 2 completely different monitors

Most companies make many different versions of a monitor. There's likely one that's similar in look.

Up to you though, if you want to waste that money on something as benign as that and suffer with much worse peripherals go right ahead.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Most companies make many different versions of a monitor. There's likely one that's similar in look.

Up to you though, if you want to waste that money on something as benign as that and suffer with much worse peripherals go right ahead.

I didnt say i was ganna spend my money on the second monitor, i was just saying why it costs that much, and even if i bought the second monitor, i wouldnt be a waste if i enjoy it

3 minutes ago, jagomaster74 said:

I didnt say i was ganna spend my money on the second monitor, i was just saying why it costs that much, and even if i bought the second monitor, i wouldnt be a waste if i enjoy it

It would be a waste because you don't need a high refresh rate for something that sits there and doesn't play games. You wouldn't be playing games on 2 monitors. Thus, a waste.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

3 hours ago, dizmo said:

It would be a waste because you don't need a high refresh rate for something that sits there and doesn't play games. You wouldn't be playing games on 2 monitors. Thus, a waste.

Well, the monitor is a benq XL2720, so if you could find a monitor that looks like it witht the same size, same bezels, and the same picture quality, it might help save me a lot of money.

if looks really matter that much then that's the price you pay for getting a cheap monitor off a friend.

for me, if I game a lot on the pc then I would spend more on the keyboard/mouse and get a cheap monitor because tgo me the look of a monitor don't effect the experience of the ganme but if the keyboard/mouse are realy bad then they could effect the game play making it not so much fun. I didn't see why people pay 100+ for a keyboard and used a membrane one for a while tillk I got a mechanical one and love it.

I would use the 144hz for gaming then one like this BenQ for the streaming and the looks are pretty close for its price so there is monitors out there, maybe even another used XL23720 will coime up soon lol

I7 7700K @5.0ghz, Asus Z270-P, Corsair H115i, hyperX 16gb, Asus duel 1070, Nzxt H440

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZTsYD8

23 hours ago, Brett_Bst said:

if looks really matter that much then that's the price you pay for getting a cheap monitor off a friend.

for me, if I game a lot on the pc then I would spend more on the keyboard/mouse and get a cheap monitor because tgo me the look of a monitor don't effect the experience of the ganme but if the keyboard/mouse are realy bad then they could effect the game play making it not so much fun. I didn't see why people pay 100+ for a keyboard and used a membrane one for a while tillk I got a mechanical one and love it.

I would use the 144hz for gaming then one like this BenQ for the streaming and the looks are pretty close for its price so there is monitors out there, maybe even another used XL23720 will coime up soon lol

My friend said the com0lete oposite