sony xperia z3 unlocking for free

Jsmith2211

my z3 was on tmobile i want it on o2 if i flash a new rom to it will that fix this?

5 hours ago, Joelsome said:

my z3 was on tmobile i want it on o2 if i flash a new rom to it will that fix this?

Im fairly sure T Mobile will Unlock phones for free. Though they do have a policy regarding unlocking of devices. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1588 go there to see the policy. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

19 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Im fairly sure T Mobile will Unlock phones for free. Though they do have a policy regarding unlocking of devices. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1588 go there to see the policy. 

Turns out it wasn't on T-Mobile. It was with O2... So why would there be no reception? I replaced the areal daughterboard and everything!

42 minutes ago, Joelsome said:

I replaced the areal daughterboard and everything!

I have no clue what that is. Maybe the phone dont support the bands that you need. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

I have no clue what that is. Maybe the phone dont support the bands that you need. 

How would i fix that?

Just now, Joelsome said:

How would i fix that?

Buy a phone that support the bands for O2. To my understanding band support is part of the CPU itself. So the only way is to make sure the phone supports the bands you need on O2. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

Buy a phone that support the bands for O2. To my understanding band support is part of the CPU itself. So the only way is to make sure the phone supports the bands you need on O2. 

ok, the reason for repairing the phone was so i could not have to buy a new phone...

9 minutes ago, Joelsome said:

ok, the reason for repairing the phone was so i could not have to buy a new phone...

Well you repaired the wrong phone. Thats the who deal with unlocked devices. You have to double triple check they work on your carriers network. I checked like 5 times before buying my OnePlus 3T. And while that phone might work on your carrier, you also have to ensure that the model in  question works on your carrier. Because some times multiple models of the same device are made. For example A Samsung Galaxy S8 on Verizon will not work on T Mobile, while there is a model made to work on T Mobile, you have to verify that the model in question supports the bands for your network. 

So what Id do is check what bands O2 uses. Then check what Bands your phone supports. If the bands dont match, then you know for sure your screwed. If they do match, then you need to contact O2. 

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Well you repaired the wrong phone. Thats the who deal with unlocked devices. You have to double triple check they work on your carriers network. I checked like 5 times before buying my OnePlus 3T. And while that phone might work on your carrier, you also have to ensure that the model in  question works on your carrier. Because some times multiple models of the same device are made. For example A Samsung Galaxy S8 on Verizon will not work on T Mobile, while there is a model made to work on T Mobile, you have to verify that the model in question supports the bands for your network. 

So what Id do is check what bands O2 uses. Then check what Bands your phone supports. If the bands dont match, then you know for sure your screwed. If they do match, then you need to contact O2. 

how many have to match?

Just now, Joelsome said:

how many have to match?

The more the better. If you can find out what bands you carrier uses in your area. Thats how I did it. I found out T Mobile used band 12 in my area for LTE and made sure the device supported it. Because if the phone doesn't support all the bands and you get in to an area that uses that band exclusively which I would say wouldn't happen, your phone would be out of service. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

The more the better. If you can find out what bands you carrier uses in your area. Thats how I did it. I found out T Mobile used band 12 in my area for LTE and made sure the device supported it. Because if the phone doesn't support all the bands and you get in to an area that uses that band exclusively which I would say wouldn't happen, your phone would be out of service. 

would the bands change over a few yearsS? The phone has been on O2 for a few years...

4 minutes ago, Joelsome said:

would the bands change over a few yearsS? The phone has been on O2 for a few years...

Wireless Bands are distributed by the Government in the United States that would be the Federal Communications Commission.  Only a select part of wireless spectrum can be used for cellular traffic. Sometimes carriers might sell or loose bands due to conditions put on the band when they bought it. Some times carriers buy new bands, like T Mobile did like a year or so ago buying part of the 600 Mhz spectrum. My phone doesnt support 600 Mhz, which means I wont benefits from any of those transmitters. All you can do is buy a phone for what bands they support today. 

On 06/03/2018 at 12:49 AM, Donut417 said:

Wireless Bands are distributed by the Government in the United States that would be the Federal Communications Commission.  Only a select part of wireless spectrum can be used for cellular traffic. Sometimes carriers might sell or loose bands due to conditions put on the band when they bought it. Some times carriers buy new bands, like T Mobile did like a year or so ago buying part of the 600 Mhz spectrum. My phone doesnt support 600 Mhz, which means I wont benefits from any of those transmitters. All you can do is buy a phone for what bands they support today. 

i live in the uk

20 minutes ago, Joelsome said:

i live in the uk

Every thing still apply. Your government manages wireless spectrum according to your nations needs. You still have to match the phone with the network.