Asus N53 Dual Band Wireless adapter not functioning

Greetings, I am attempting to setup a wireless connection on a recently built pc with my Asus N53 wireless adapter. Originally I used the setup utility CD and it functioned, however it was not picking up any 5 Ghz networks so I attempted to amend that using this short youtube guide:

Unfortunately this did not work, the driver installed but my adapter was not recognized. I then downloaded the drivers from the Asus support page and attempted to install them manually, which failed, then with an installer as I did in the beginning, which also failed. The adapter works immediately when I plug it in to my laptop, no driver or utility install necessary (PnP), but it will no longer function at all with my PC. I would appreciate any help with this matter.

Thank you.

1. check it works on different pc/laptop

2. remove and uninstall any drivers for wifi adapter.... do fresh/clean install ...pnp it

4 minutes ago, jools said:

1. check it works on different pc/laptop

2. remove and uninstall any drivers for wifi adapter.... do fresh/clean install ...pnp it

It works immediately when I plug it into my laptop from which I am posting this. I will attempt to do a fresh install again now.

clean out old drivers befor clean install , maybe conflict between drivers hence not working properly

Is there someplace to locate them besides using an uninstaller or device manager? The PC is currently installing the W10 creators update and that's taking quite a while. Perhaps that was what was interfering with it.

14 minutes ago, Germanys_Zod said:

installing the W10 creators update

Windows 10 for some strange reason is funny with WiFi adapters. Your not the first Ive seen with problems on Windows 10 and Im sure you will not be the last. Generally I uninstall drivers via Device manager. Also, dont install utilities that come with these adapters only install device drivers as I know some adapters have an extra utility that is used to connect to networks. Your best bet is use the software built in to Windows. All you can do is get the software from the hardware vendors website and hope to god it works. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

16 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Windows 10 for some strange reason is funny with WiFi adapters. Your not the first Ive seen with problems on Windows 10 and Im sure you will not be the last. Generally I uninstall drivers via Device manager. Also, dont install utilities that come with these adapters only install device drivers as I know some adapters have an extra utility that is used to connect to networks. Your best bet is use the software built in to Windows. All you can do is get the software from the hardware vendors website and hope to god it works. 

When I attempt to uninstall the mediatek driver it comes up with a prompt saying the adapter has to be inserted in order for the uninstall to be successful, however the adapter connects as an unknown device so perhaps the driver isn't uninstalling correctly?

11 minutes ago, Germanys_Zod said:

When I attempt to uninstall the mediatek driver it comes up with a prompt saying the adapter has to be inserted in order for the uninstall to be successful, however the adapter connects as an unknown device so perhaps the driver isn't uninstalling correctly?

Possibly. Have you tried in safe mode? 

3 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Possibly. Have you tried in safe mode? 

So weird, I just tried installing it using my CD and it worked again but still no 5 GHz functionality, maybe I should just buy a new one -_-

5 minutes ago, Germanys_Zod said:

So weird, I just tried installing it using my CD and it worked again but still no 5 GHz functionality, maybe I should just buy a new one -_-

Well USB WiFi adapters tend to be garbage in most cases. Ive only ever used PCI Express ones when I needed WiFi. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

Well USB WiFi adapters tend to be garbage in most cases. Ive only ever used PCI Express ones when I needed WiFi. 

Yes, well just ordered a new one with high positive reviews through Amazon, will have to bear the reduced speeds for the time being :/ thanks for your help.