Wireless Speaker (currently looking at Sony XB30)

Hi :D

I am currently looking for a wireless speaker, since the entire XB line from Sony is currently on sale (going to be discontinued and replaced, I think) [EDIT: Checks out. XBx1's are coming soon according to Sony's website) So, an XB30 would cost me around the same as a Flip 4 from JBL, which obviously is inferior than the Sony.

I like bassy sound, and from what I heard in some reviews, the XB30 sounds just about right to my ears.

Other features that I want, none really. I'm just looking for something that sounds decent and that I can carry around the house if I want to listen to something when going to some other room. And something to "replace" my laptop's speakers, since they are just freaking shite. Also, as last year I went to some music festivals, I do want something nice to play some music loud enough for the group to listen too, instead of killing my phone's battery (even tho it can get pretty loud).

The speaker being a powerbank is also a nice feature I'd like to have. (XB30 and Charge 3 both have this so...)

Now, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Should I get the XB30 and get something that is already pretty above average I'd say (since most people have JBL Go's, and I can't blame them for that, they are pretty cheap and get the job done, but to me, they just don't sound all that great) or maybe go a little cheaper and get the XB20?

I do like big batteries and not having to charge stuff every single day, so I think the XB30 has the upper hand here.

NFC: don't care. Lights: don't care. AUX: would be handy. Google Assistant / Siri: don't care. Pair with other speakers: don't care tbh.

Currently, it looks a bit like this:

XB20: 60€

Flip 4 (equivalent to the 20 imo): 95/110€

XB30: 95€

Charge 3: 150€

Obviously the Sony's are waaay cheaper than the JBL's as of right now.

So, XB20 / XB30 or something else?

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by JoaoPRSousa

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I would get the XB30 now, so that you dont regret not getting it further down the line

1 minute ago, Almostbauws said:

I would get the XB30 now, so that you dont regret not getting it further down the line

I am probably going to get it, but am still looking for some opinions. I don't know if there is a hidden unicorn in the market that would blow the XB30 out of its socks xD

"an obvious supporter of privacy"