Max ram pentium d

Go to solution Solved by Vanilla-Chan,

if you have an X64 version you can use up to 4 gb ram.

Source: https://www.dell.com/community/Desktops-General/Ram-upgrade-for-a-Dimension-5150/m-p/3198737

Hiya I was wondering how much ram could I have in a dell dimension 5150 as I have one for a retro gaming pc but it has no ram and I wish to have as much as I can thanks in advance ??

"Upon some research, I see that the introduction of the Pentium 4 back in August of 2000, also introduced us to northbridge chipsets from intel that were capable of a maximum of 2GB of RAM. So it looks like I'm correct. There's 21 chipsets (give or take) that are for pentium 4 based systems, and they all appear to support 2GB of RAM except the 845MP, which looks like it was only 1GB, but it was also for laptops." (Source:https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/ram-maximums-on-pentium-4-based-motherboards-305454/

Quote=Reply      Feel free to tag me or sth if you have questions about Liquid Metal :) ROCKETS ARE LIFE                                                                      My current build:                                    

CPU: I7 6700k@4.7Ghz 1.31sth V; Liquid Metal (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut) | Cooler: Corsair H100iv2 | GPU: HIS R9 390 | Motherboard: Asus Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2133Mhz HyperX FuryX | Storage: 1x 250GB Samsung 960 Evo 1x random 4TB 7200RPM HDD | Case: Lian Li Alpha  550W | PSU: Corsair RM650i | Misc.: 6x Lian Li 120mm Bora RGB Fans

My Build Log: 

21 minutes ago, thelordofwarr said:

"Upon some research, I see that the introduction of the Pentium 4 back in August of 2000, also introduced us to northbridge chipsets from intel that were capable of a maximum of 2GB of RAM. So it looks like I'm correct. There's 21 chipsets (give or take) that are for pentium 4 based systems, and they all appear to support 2GB of RAM except the 845MP, which looks like it was only 1GB, but it was also for laptops." (Source:https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/ram-maximums-on-pentium-4-based-motherboards-305454/

Thank you but I was asking about the pentium d

Oh, sry 

Spoiler

I'm an idiot

Quote=Reply      Feel free to tag me or sth if you have questions about Liquid Metal :) ROCKETS ARE LIFE                                                                      My current build:                                    

CPU: I7 6700k@4.7Ghz 1.31sth V; Liquid Metal (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut) | Cooler: Corsair H100iv2 | GPU: HIS R9 390 | Motherboard: Asus Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2133Mhz HyperX FuryX | Storage: 1x 250GB Samsung 960 Evo 1x random 4TB 7200RPM HDD | Case: Lian Li Alpha  550W | PSU: Corsair RM650i | Misc.: 6x Lian Li 120mm Bora RGB Fans

My Build Log: 

Lost track of which Cpu it was about while searching ^•^'

My Build Log: 

39 minutes ago, Sub_2_XanimalXG said:

Thanks for the help, but I still need a hard drive and I was wondering if you knew how I could see if it's a x64 version

Sorry i cant u help. im not really sure

2 hours ago, thelordofwarr said:

Btw thx for this because I have a dell dimension

2400 with a pentium 4 which needs ram and now I know I can put 2gigs in it ?