Shine 3 or K70?

Hey guys, i just saw Linus's new video of the Shine 3 and wow i really like but i have been looking at the K70 (Cherry MX Brown) for a while now. Im in Australia and the K70 on Amazon is $129.00, and Shine 3 on pccasegear.com.au is $149.00. Which ever way i go my choice will be the browns for the switches.
Can anybody tell me if i should pitch in another $20 (plus shipping) and ge thte Shine 3 or is the K70 just as good or if not better?

CPU: i7 4770k  Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 SSD: ADATA 250GB PNY 120gb HDD:2xSeagate 2TB (One is an external HDD) GPU: RTX 2070 Super RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 PSU:Corsair CX-M600w Case: NZXT Phantom 410

K70 since it is cheaper for you.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

You can't go wrong with either. The ducky would be my personal choice though just for the cool factor.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Ducky Shine 3 Hands down. See if you can get a wrist rest too.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

K70 no hesitation. I like the look better, I like the free floating keys better, I like the dedicated media keys better and it comes with a very solid wristrest in the box.

I don't understand why you would buy a Ducky Shine 3 unless it's for the name and you like that simple style.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

the build qualty and lighting effects (and not to forget that space bar) of the shine 3 really stoo dout for me but the style of the k70 takes the win! plus i cant stand using keyboards without wrist rests and the k70 has a really high qualtiy one out of the box :)
Thanks everyone big help!!
cant wait till i save up for my gaming/editting pc later this year, i know this community is the place to be for info! cheers guys!

CPU: i7 4770k  Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 SSD: ADATA 250GB PNY 120gb HDD:2xSeagate 2TB (One is an external HDD) GPU: RTX 2070 Super RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 PSU:Corsair CX-M600w Case: NZXT Phantom 410

I don't really like Ducky as much as others, it looks kinda cheap plasticy to me. I like the k70 a lot

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

K70 if it was me, looks really solid, but do yourself some reading on newegg review, some people said the LEDs getting dim after some months, but maybe they're just out of luck.

K70 if it was me, looks really solid, but do yourself some reading on newegg review, some people said the LEDs getting dim after some months, but maybe they're just out of luck.

yeah id read a few of them sort of reviews on amazon as well, hopefully it was just a few unlucky people and hopefully i wont be one of them :P

K70 looks much classier than the shine 3.

I'd go for the Shine 3 if you have the money, otherwise find a cheaper variation of Ducky.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Which ever one you think looks better/is cheaper.

Quote me to get a reply!

K70 For looks , Ducky shine 3 for overall ''betterness'' but don't luck as great as the K70.

Interested in Business and Technology

I have a Ducky Shine 3, and I love it. You could always get the TKL version, which is the same price as the K70.

MotherboardASUS M5A97 le R2.0, CPUAMD FX-6300, Graphics CardSapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB,

PSU: Corsair CX600M, RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series, HDD1TB Seagate Barracuda, CaseCM Storm Enforcer

I would get the Shine 3 myself. Get the keyboard that you prefer, it's all on your personal preference.

If you regard my facts as wrong, feel free to rectify it.

——————————————————————————

If you regard my opinions as wrong, feel free to ignore it.

the build qualty and lighting effects (and not to forget that space bar) of the shine 3 really stoo dout for me but the style of the k70 takes the win! plus i cant stand using keyboards without wrist rests and the k70 has a really high qualtiy one out of the box :)

Thanks everyone big help!!

cant wait till i save up for my gaming/editting pc later this year, i know this community is the place to be for info! cheers guys!

Not sure if you've seen the K70 wrist rest but it's about the same as every keyboard that comes with one. All what it is is an obnoxious piece of plastic that sticks out from your keyboard.

Which part of using keyboards without wrist rests bother you the most? I can only think of two scenarios; one in which you're typing improperly and laying your hands on the wrist rest while you type, or the other where you don't like resting your hands on your desk.

K70 no hesitation. I like the look better, I like the free floating keys better, I like the dedicated media keys better and it comes with a very solid wristrest in the box.

I don't understand why you would buy a Ducky Shine 3 unless it's for the name and you like that simple style.

Here's an idea why a DS3 is a better option than the K70: It's built better. Also the K70's wrist rest is a flimsy piece of plastic. All whats solid about it is the state of matter in which its in. 

Not sure if you've seen the K70 wrist rest but it's about the same as every keyboard that comes with one. All what it is is an obnoxious piece of plastic that sticks out from your keyboard.

Which part of using keyboards without wrist rests bother you the most? I can only think of two scenarios; one in which you're typing improperly and laying your hands on the wrist rest while you type, or the other where you don't like resting your hands on your desk.

Here's an idea why a DS3 is a better option than the K70: It's built better. Also the K70's wrist rest is a flimsy piece of plastic. All whats solid about it is the state of matter in which its in. 

lol calm down bro, again its like everyone was saying its down to an individuals personal preference. certain people prefer using wrist rests or prefer looks over quality. Thanks eveybody! Still going with the amazing K70 with Cherry MX Browns :)

lol calm down bro, again its like everyone was saying its down to an individuals personal preference. certain people prefer using wrist rests or prefer looks over quality. Thanks eveybody! Still going with the amazing K70 with Cherry MX Browns :)

I'm calm. It's not built with high quality like you said it was. It's made with a cheap plastic. I asked how you use your wrist rest. Properly or improperly? There is a proper way to use a wrist rest, which is lying your palms on it when you're not typing, and then there's those who type while their palms resting on it. At least the "wrist" rest attached to keyboards due to the fact they are not at the proper height or long enough.

I personally would go with the Ducky :)

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I would go with the k70. It's 4 steam games cheaper (yes, that's how I measure my PC money), looks so much better, and is more ergonomic to use with the free included wrist rest. (seriously ducky, $150 and you don't even chuck in a wrist rest?) The ducky is over hyped around here imo. Sure it bends slightly less if you put unrealistic amounts of force into it, but it doesn't look $150. Not worth the money imo. Save yourself some money and get the k70

DS3

CPU: FX-8350 Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 w/2X NF-A14 FLX MoBo: Asus M5A99FX Pro Rev 2.0 Memory: 8GB G.Skill Sniper@1720 GPU: Sapphire Dual-X HD7970@1100/1500 Storage: Samsung 840 120GB(OS), Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 64MB PSU: Sparkle 850W Gold Case: Corsair C70 Military green w/ Solid window Keyboard: Ducky Shines 3 (MX Blues), Razer BlackWidow 2013 Ultimate Mouse: Corsair M90,M65 w/ Vengeance MM600

Do people seriously see "plastic" and immediately jump to "cheap"/"low quality"?

Materials engineering tells me the complete opposite in most cases.

The wrist rest on the K70 has a very nice feel to it, and I would certainly not call it cheap.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

shine 3 looks to be a really damn well built keyboard, but i'm not sure if it's just the fact that it has "ducky" slapped on it. The k70 is fantastic in my opinion, but it's never bad to do some experimentation :D